Humph

  • jessielilley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
      Well, I got an invitation to join this group and it sounded like
      something I'd like to do. But there's nothing here! So, who else in
      this group? What other magazines are represented? I'd love to talk to
      you guys.

      Jessie Lilley
      Publisher
      Worldly Remains
    • Dan 10 Things
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
        I signed up to... I do 10 Things zine and Tablet Newspaper up in
        Seattle. -dan

        > Well, I got an invitation to join this group and it sounded like
        > something I'd like to do. But there's nothing here! So, who else in
        > this group? What other magazines are represented? I'd love to talk to
        > you guys.
        >
        > Jessie Lilley
        > Publisher
        > Worldly Remains

      • Edwin Letcher
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
          Hi all,

          My name is Edwin and I do a zine out of L.A. called Garage and Beat!.

          Edwin

        • jeffkay@thewvsr.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
            ...and I'm Jeff Kay, in northeastern PA.  I do a paper zine and an ezine, both called The West Virginia Surf Report.

            Hello everyone!

            -Jeff (TheWVSR.com)

          • christrashcan@tabletnewspaper.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
              Chris Trashcan.  Tacoma, WA.  used to do trashcan zine, and now do Pocketful Of Hate, a one pager.  the only reason Dan has Tablet newspaper is because i write for it, and don't let him tell you any different.

              CT
            • Charlotte
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
                I'm starting PINK! zine in Essex, UK! I'm a first timer, so if anyone has
                any tips, send em my way!!
                > Well, I got an invitation to join this group and it sounded like
                > something I'd like to do. But there's nothing here! So, who else in
                > this group? What other magazines are represented? I'd love to talk to
                > you guys.
                >
                > Jessie Lilley
                > Publisher
                > Worldly Remains

              • bob thurmond
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
                  Hello fellow 'zine publishers,
                  My name is Bob and I publish "Head in a Milk Bottle" out of St Louis, MO.,
                  USA. The HIAMB web site is www.garagepunk.com/HIMAB and can tell you much
                  more about us that I can in this email message. Please visit the site and
                  let me know what you think. We could use the feedback.

                  My tip to first time publishers: Sell advertising to cover your printing
                  costs rather than relying on sales revenue to pay for it.

                  bob

                  ************************
                  HEAD IN A MILK BOTTLE Fanzine
                  Garage, Punk, and Primitive R&R
                  Humor, Comix and Cult/B-Movies!
                  http://www.garagepunk.com/HIAMB
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  > From: "Charlotte" <neongirl@...>
                  > Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:54:36 -0000
                  > To: <ZinePub@yahoogroups.com>
                  > Subject: Re: [ZinePub] Humph
                  >
                  > I'm starting PINK! zine in Essex, UK! I'm a first timer, so if anyone has
                  > any tips, send em my way!!

                • Dan 10 Things
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
                    > I'm starting PINK! zine in Essex, UK! I'm a first timer, so if anyone has
                    > any tips, send em my way!!

                    Take your time, pack your zine with content, try to do things you've never
                    seen in a zine before, make the layout fun, but readable, don't forget to
                    include your contact info, and con friends in to helping :) -dan

                    Dan Halligan * Tablet Music Editor and Assistant Manager
                    Check out Tablet Newspaper online at www.tabletnewspaper.com.
                    Nominated for best new title for the 2001 Alternative Press Awards!