Re: [ZeroWasteOakland] FW: Vote for Food Shift to win $50,000 to reduce food waste [1 Attachment]
- I don't want to sign up for something in order to vote.Leslie Ann JonesSent from the iPad George gave me
On Jun 6, 2013, at 6:38 PM, "Gagliardi, Mark" <mgagliardi@...> wrote:
FYI: Opportunity to support food waste reduction.
Senior Recycling Specialist, Environmental Services Division
City of Oakland | Public Works Agency | APWA Accredited Agency
250 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Ste. 5301 | Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 238-6262 | (510) 238-7286 Fax
Recycling Hotline | (510) 238-SAVE (7283) | recycling@...
Report A Problem | Public Works Agency Call Center | (510) 615-5566
P Go Green! Please consider the environment before printing this email, and help the City of Oakland be environmentally responsible.
Food Shift is an Oakland organization working to tackle the problems of hunger and food waste. We recently won a contest in which we will receive free ads on public transit in September. And we recently launched a program with Oakland schools. I've attached an overview of our work here with some links to recent articles.
Food Shift has an opportunity to win $50,000 in an online contest to support our programs. In order to win, we need votes at this link until Friday, June 14: http://bit.ly/11NUgfR
I would greatly appreciate your support!
Please amplify your vote by sharing on facebook or twitter (some sample text below). And if you know of an organization or business that would be willing to promote on a website or in a newsletter, please let us know. Leave a comment if you have a moment too - it will help us pop up in the "most discussed" category.
Thank you for the work you do and please let me know how I can support your work in the future. Together we can shift this culture and shift this food away from landfills!
Sample Facebook Posts for Partners:
1. Please ta ke a moment to vote for our friends at Food Shift who are working to solve the problem of food waste. They have a chance to win $50,000 to fund year-one of their pilot program in Oakland. Let's work together to increase awareness about the social and environmental impacts of wasted food. Please show your support by voting and sharing with your friends: http://bit.ly/11NUgfR
2. Food Shift is an Oakland organization working to solve the problem of food waste. They aim to increase awareness about the social and environmental impacts of waste food and inspire people to make shifts in the way they think about and relate to food.
Food Shift has a great opportunity to receive $50,000 to fund year-one of their pilot program. In order to win, they need votes u ntil June 14 at this link: http://bit.ly/11NUgfR
3. Wasted food is an injustice to people and planet. Vote for Food Shift to help them win $50,000. Winnings will fund year-one of their first pilot program. Food Shift is working to solve the problem of food waste and this opportunity would allow them to increase awareness about the social and environmental impacts of wasted food while providing transit riders with inspiration for how they can be part of the solution. In order to win, Food Shift needs votes until June 14 at this link: http://bit.ly/11NUgfR
Please like and share with your community and thank you for your support!
Sample Twitter Posts: