Cycling for Transportation Survey & New Campaign

  • Gagliardi, Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2010
      Cycling for Transportation Survey & New Campaign

      Dear Zero Waste cyclists,

      Please check out this survey from the Bicycle-Friendly Berkeley Coalition.  They are seeking input from cyclists to inform their campaign to get people to use bikes for everyday transportation in the East Bay:

      http://e2ma.net/map/view=CampaignPublic/id=27666.6785966013/rid=4f4c5c3a00d6a7cbbf267a40d3111b05
      Cycling for everyday transportation!

      Take our survey to help us shape our new campaign!

      The Bicycle Coalition will be launching a campaign in October called
      "1000 New Cyclists". Our goal is to motivate 1000 people to start
      riding their bikes for ordinary everyday transportation (e.g.,
      commuting to work, doing errands, seeing friends).

      To plan the campaign, we’d like to learn from the experiences of our
      members – everyone was a new rider once.  What motivates you?  What
      challenges did you overcome? Please take a few minutes & fill out the
      survey below... There are 15 short questions (e.g., multiple choice)
      and 5 open-ended questions:

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/biketransportation

      Please feel free to forward this survey link to friends who have
      integrated cycling into their everyday lives (members & non-members
      alike are encouraged to participate).  Contact
      rebecca@... <rebecca@...?subject\x3d> with any questions.

      Thanks!

      The Bicycle-Friendly Berkeley Coalition

      Mark Gagliardi
      City of Oakland Public Works Agency
      Environmental Services Division
      250 Frank Ogawa Plaza #5301
      Oakland, CA 94612-2034
      Phone/voice mail: 510-238-6262
      Fax: 510-238-7286
      e-mail: mgagliardi@...
      web site:
      www.oaklandpw.com
      www.zerowasteoakland.com
      Go Green! Please consider the environment before printing this email, and help the City of Oakland be environmentally responsible.