No activity in last 7 days
This group is organized to explore the potential for funding of statewide bond issues in California in 2006 with a Zero Waste fee levied on all wastes disposed of in the state or transported for disposal out of the state, with a credit for all local fees charged already. Gary Liss proposed that the fee be $20-40/ton (see attached file). The Global Recycling Council of CRRA suggested that a public process be initiated to determine the correct level of the fee (see attached file). Both suggest that the fee revenues be split with half of the revenue used to cover the local government match for proposed state bond issues and half of the revenues used to adopt and implement local Zero Waste plans, policies, and programs.
- Feb 12, 2006
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Not listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.