UMAX 53'ers

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2011
      I was talking with the great Jeffrey White and he took a trip out to one of the intermodal yards in Atlanta to see if he could spot one of these UMAX containers. I wanted his opinion of them.

      I have seen many upon many of them but it was dark, around 11pm as I drove thru El Paso where Union Pacific has a huge yard next to the Interstate.

      Jeffrey got back with me and this is what his opinion was.
      The UMAX containers resemble a US Air Force paint scheme. He added that if the paint scheme had more pop or pizzaz he'd like it alot, but they did nothing for him. The paint scheme is a bit dull and POP would make it sing a better song. That is my opinion.

      But................. all in all, we now have a new container paint scheme in a 53' version that is taking the rails by force!!!

      Maybe we'll see this paint scheme soon!!!

      Hobo Tim