Re: Marklin Tank-tainers Found

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 15, 2010
      Please Re-fresh your memory with the old message below before reading my new message which follows directly after it.

      --- In Z_Intermodal@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy" <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:

      > Seeing how Tank-tainers is the HOTtest topic right now in this slow moving forum, I decided to do some research and guess what I found?
      >
      > Marklin has had 3 different releases that have had 20' Tank-tainers on them.
      >
      > The first release was in 2004. Marklin #82283 It consisted of one flat car and one Euro well car (for a trailer) that has four 20' Tank-tainers.
      > http://www.ajckids.com/trains/webpic/Marklin/82283.jpg
      > This release is sold out all over the world. If you can find one, you might want to grab onto it.
      >
      > The second release was in 2005. Marklin #82284 It consisted of one Euro well car and two 20' Tank-tainers. I like this one the most as one of the tank-tainers is yellow and has a bear on it.
      > http://www.ajckids.com/trains/webpic/Marklin/82284.jpg
      > This release is also sold out all over the world. If you can find one, you might also want to grab onto it too.
      >
      > The third/last release was in 2008. Marklin #82285 It consisted of one flat car and one Euro well car that has four 20' Tank-tainers.
      > http://www.ajckids.com/trains/webpic/Marklin/82285.jpg
      > This release is still in stock at several online hobby stores and also has a Green Light on Marklin.de website as still being in stock.
      >
      > I have contacted AJCKIDS.com and they say it is definitely in stock and that they can order more!!!
      > http://www.ajckids.com/products/Marklin/82285 is the link to their webpage to order. The set costs $82.09 each. If you calculate the price divided by the 4 tank-tainers that means each tank-tainer costs $20.53 plus shipping.

      > With the knowledge that Z intermodal is growing, it is good to list all available Z intermodal product locations. As of right now, Marklin is the only company offering 20' Tank-tainers for sale. Searails is in the process of offering 20' Tank-tainers for sale to. Taking orders on several different types/names.
      >
      > I encourage anyone wanting Tank-tainers to look into these two companies, but keep your options open as I know of another possible avenue that will be releasing 20' Tank-tainers in the near future. I think I recall UP Bulktainers being one of them.
      >
      > Where there is a want, there is competition.
      >
      > Hobo Tim

      Greetings Fellow Intermodal Modelers!

      I want to take this opportunity to thank each one of you who has remained faithful to this slow moving group. At times it takes 2-3 months before a new message is posted. A bit extreme, but it seems the intermodal world of Z modeling is moving just as slow. I noticed last night when I visited AZL's website that the expected release date for the 53' NSC Wellcars has changed to "------" That's it, a blank! Who knows when they will arrive now!!! UGH!!!!

      I hope Hans doesn't forsee these as a no $$$ model. If so I hope these sell out faster than all other AZL releases that have. Maybe that will throw a wrench into his thinking and perhaps a faster time-to-market release of future Intermodal items.

      I am planning to make a new batch of molds of my Ottawa Yard Mule truck soon. I have some items for Ztrack and the SD70ACe shells ahead of it. When they are ready I will announce them here only for those who want them.
      ***Please don't request any right now as this is just an announcement. I will make 2 molds which should produce hopefully 40-50 of them so their should be plenty for everyone.***

      What I wanted to accomplish here today/tonight was to remind you of the Marklin flats with the 20' Tanktainers I first mentioned several monts ago. Recently I returned home from a far-away job to find a package with two of the Marklin #82283 boxes in it. Let me tell you. It is the first time I have gotten the chance to handle one of Marklins Tanktainers!!!! WOW!!!! They are so delicate and Beautiful!! That gives me 8 total from Marklin.

      I also received a package from Stony Smith with two of the Tank tainers he made thru Shapeways in RP acrylic. WOW!!! Just need a metal etched walkway and a ladder, some custom decals and Perfecto!!!

      The realm of Z intermodal might be slow moving, but it is definitely moving in the right direction!

      Please renew you spirit in Z intermodal and post you messages to this group. Let's bring the small Z Intermodal flame from a flicker to a roaring flame!!!!

      Will post more soon!!

      Happy Z modeling!!!

      Hobo Tim
    • sea_rails
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 16, 2010
        Tim,

        Thanks for your update!

        SEARAILS introduced all three of its 20ft. Tanktainers at the Medford show, and sold out its first production run of five each.

        10 each of the $15.00 models are available for purchase NOW! at the Intermodal Load page at www.searails.com. Delivery is two weeks from time of order.

        All are acrylic single piece 0.001" precise scale models. Painted versions with specified decals are also available as a special order request for quotation.

        Additionally, there are other interesting VERY LARGE intermodal loads available on that page.

        Satisfaction is GUARANTEED! If you don't like it - send it back in its original packaging for a full refund, less the cost of our packaging and postage (usually $5.00 per mailing).

        Jim