** Photo of Brass Fret on Home Page **

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      The photo shows a professionally etched brass fret of the parts I designed to modify a MTL Gunderson Husky into a Gunderson Husky AP (All Purpose) well car. Will require some destruction of a MTL well car and a good bit of precision filing to turn it into a Husky AP.

      Stupid me, I am away from home where over 50 MTL Huskys await my decision as to which Husky I will modify, with plenty of photos taken, to become a brand new Husky version in Z scale!!! The real sucky part is all of my Husky AP decals are at home too!!! Ugh!!! 17 hours away!!!

      I am planning on modifying one of my Husky's and take lots of photos. Will place a descriptive tutorial on Trainbaord for all those who want to do the same. Stay tuned!!!

      Stay tuned for more on the Husky AP brass and modifications.

      All inquiries submit to me at sgt_tim1 @...

      Hobo Tim
    • sgt_tim1
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2009
        --- In Z_Intermodal@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:

        > The photo shows a professionally etched brass fret of the parts I designed to modify a MTL Gunderson Husky into a Gunderson Husky AP (All Purpose) well car. Will require some destruction of a MTL well car and a good bit of precision filing to turn it into a Husky AP.
        >
        > Stupid me, I am away from home where over 50 MTL Huskys await my decision as to which Husky I will modify, with plenty of photos taken, to become a brand new Husky version in Z scale!!! The real sucky part is all of my Husky AP decals are at home too!!! Ugh!!! 17 hours away!!!
        >
        > I am planning on modifying one of my Husky's and take lots of photos. Will place a descriptive tutorial on Trainbaord for all those who want to do the same. Stay tuned!!!
        >
        > Stay tuned for more on the Husky AP brass and modifications.
        >
        > All inquiries submit to me at sgt_tim1 @...
        >
        > Hobo Tim

        Great News, the tutorial has been placed on Trainboard at the following link;
        http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=114928

        Shows the steps involved in modifying a MTL Husky!!

        I have several sets of Decals now thanks to Mr Robert Ray!!!

        The only thing holding me back is, well, nothing. I have a list of those who requested the kits and will be soon contacting each of you. Sure wish I had more kits for I have many more requests than I do kits. Just need more I guess!!!

        Hobo Tim