I am intermodal!

  • Ondrej Andy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2008
      Well, I finally managed to get some wonderful intermodal cars to get my collection started. I
      ordered 5 MTL Gunderson Huskys from Caboose Hobbies and received 2. These cars are
      really super-nicely done, but....obviously I'd need more for a nice train. I am planning on
      getting one of FR's Maxi units (kit), but is anyplace still selling the Huskys?
      I am also very excited about decaling etc the containers. I would like eventually both
      European and US intermodal trains.
    • Tim
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2008
        I replied to your first message asking where to find the MTL Husky's/
        I posted a message
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Z_Intermodal/message/672
        saying where to get some CP Husky's. Apparantly you didn't get that
        message or didn't want any CP Huskys, but, someone did and bought Rio
        Grande Hobbie clean out. I think they had 5-10 Husky's All could be
        stripped and repainted into whatever road you wanted.

        Ok, who got the Husky's???????

        --- In Z_Intermodal@yahoogroups.com, "Ondrej Andy" <andyjbj1@...>
        wrote:

        > Well, I finally managed to get some wonderful intermodal cars to get
        my collection started. I
        > ordered 5 MTL Gunderson Huskys from Caboose Hobbies and received 2.
        These cars are
        > really super-nicely done, but....obviously I'd need more for a nice
        train. I am planning on
        > getting one of FR's Maxi units (kit), but is anyplace still selling
        the Huskys?
        > I am also very excited about decaling etc the containers. I would
        like eventually both
        > European and US intermodal trains.

      • jeffcrist2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
          Andy, MTL is releasing TTX this month with two decorated containers,
          and it will be available in two different mumbers.

          John

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
              Looks like MTL has possibly done a little research to find out what
              runs, in the past, were Money Makers and have decided to see if they
              could be Money Makers again!!!

              This time we are graced with two different road numbered TTX Husky's
              with Decorated Containers!!!

              Now this is a nice deal!!!

              Ben hinted that October would be an Intermodalers wish come true!!!
              Well, maybe not in those exact words, but his hint did lead me to
              believe this. Otherwise I would not have posted my email exchange
              with him!!

              Thanks Ben!!!

              *************************************

              Now, I want to propose this to the group. How about we all take 2-3
              minutes and write a short "Thank You" email to Ben. This might show
              the gears at MTL that their is a Thankful Group of Z scale out
              there, and we might get more goodies in the future!!

              Here is Ben's email address;

              ben@...

              Just tell him Thanks for this Run of TTX Husky's!!!!!

              Now, for all of you guyZ needing more Husky's, this is your time to
              get them.

              I suggest going thru Loren as sometimes he will give a little more
              off than the standard 20% off retail. You need to ask him first.

              Loren's email is;

              ljsnyder@...

              See if he will cut you a deal.

              Ok, time for me to go!!!