Z Track Goes Intermodal!

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2007
      Yesterday Z Track announced a new addition to it's inventory. A 48'
      Thrall Well car. You can check it out at:

      http://www.ztrack.com/intermodal/index.html

      You can find out other announcement info in the Yahoo Z_Scale group,
      the Z Central Station, and the Z Scale section of the Trainboard!

      Hobo Tim
    • Randall Smidt
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2007
        Already ordered mine (and Bryan's).  When will the next batch with different road numbers be out (no pressure, I need to save up more).

        Will you eventually do a 5 unit car?

        They look great and we can't wait to have them in hand.

        Thanks for this great new product, Tim.

        Randy

        Tim <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:
        Yesterday Z Track announced a new addition to it's inventory. A 48'
        Thrall Well car. You can check it out at:

        http://www.ztrack. com/intermodal/ index.html

        You can find out other announcement info in the Yahoo Z_Scale group,
        the Z Central Station, and the Z Scale section of the Trainboard!

        Hobo Tim

      • jeffcrist2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
          Tim, I received my car today. It looks great. You did a great of job
          od designing and assembling the Thrall car. Here is some of my
          observation. The cars ladders arrived bent out of shape, but its not a
          big deal. I just use my twiser to bend it back in shape. The yellow
          you use is lighter then the FR's or MTL's. The air tank and the and
          lines are first rate. Also, the brake wheel is excellent. maybe I need
          some for my other freight cars. Over all, there is a lot of detail for
          such a small car. Cant wait for the next one.

          John

        • ztrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2007

            In a message dated 2/18/07 1:23:51 AM, jmui@... writes:

            The yellow
            you use is lighter then the FR's or MTL's.

            John,

            Tim is away for a couple of days so I will jump in on this one. Tim looked at a number of different yellows to try and match. We found the MTL was not quite the correct color. We also found the Floquil TTX yellow to be too dull. Tim went with a color between that was a little lighter than MTL's, but brighter than the Floquil. I think it is a good fit.

            Rob

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            Dublin, OH 43016
            phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
            http://www.ztrack.com/
            Distributor American Z Line

          • John Mui
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18, 2007
              Rob, I like the yellow. I dont think there is a perfect yellow for TTX. There is weathering factor, so no two cars is going to have the same yellow.  I think its a good fit also.

              John