Welcome to Z_Intermodal

  • Randy Smidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 5:30 PM
      Hi Folks,

      Welcome to Z_Intermodal. I've been discussing Z scale intermodal
      equipment with a number of like minded Z scalers lately and thought
      a group here would be a good way to share and pool our knowledge and
      resources.

      I've been trying to gather info on intermodal railcars, terminal
      equipment and container ships and have had luck in some areas and
      none in others. While talking with some other modelers, they have
      had luck in different areas and someone suggested we should start a
      working group, so here it is.

      I figured we could start with a listing of what intermodal equipment
      IS available in Z scale and then move on to listing some of the
      resources that we have or know where they might be available. We
      can also discuss any projects that we might be working on, short
      range or long range (I know most of my projects won't be completed
      for quite some time).

      Please feel free to post photos of both models and prototypes to the
      photos section. Also, feel free to load drawing files into the file
      section. If you know of any good links, go ahead and add those to
      the links section, too. I'll be doing some of this myself over the
      next few weeks as well.

      Well, let's hear from some of the rest of you. I hope to get enough
      photos to rotate images on the homepage, so start sending them in. ;-
      )

      Thanks,
      Randy Smidt