1009Re: [Z_Intermodal] Intermodal

  • John Mui
    Aug 26, 2013
      Great news Malcom Z, I always though a chassis in z are sorely needed. My vote is for a K Line reefer, and I wish you immortality. Lol

      Sent from my iPhone

      John M

      On Aug 26, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Malcolm Kent Cleaveland <mcleavel@...> wrote:

        I'm still here, have several of your Maxis and am eagerly awaiting new developments of intermodal in Z.

        In the meantime, I have been looking for a U.S. source of injection molds and services.  If anyone knows of a company that will be reasonable, PLEASE let me know.

        Bowser wanted an astronomical sum for chrome steel mold "Guaranteed good for a million shots."  About 995,000 more than I would ever be able to sell, unfortunately (but if they guaranteed that I'd live long enough to sell a million I'd pay their fee, because it would be a guarantee of immortality).

        I also contacted Intermountain, since I know they make their molds in-house as well as do some injecting there.  But I have received no reply, so I suppose they are not interested or contemptuous of a small businessman.  The Chinese are relatively reasonable and do small runs of excellent pad printing, but it would be nice to have a U.S. supplier.

        In the meantime, I'm going to introduce a 40' chassis soon and hope to get another reefer out before Christmas.  Also thinking about another release of four 40' corrugated hi-cubes.  Maybe Hyundai, Safmarine, Maersk Sealand, and one other.  Any suggestions?

        -- Malcolm Z
      MCZ Models
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic