Petition against EU seeking a Ban on Israeli goods

  • Brasse@Home
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012

      On the 15th of May 2012 the Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs stated he would seek a ban on Israeli settlement goods. He claimed he will seek this during Ireland's 6 month Presidency of the European Union in 2013.

      I live in Ireland and as a Pro Israel activist, I aim to oppose this, BUT I need huge support to make this petition work. This petition opposes the Minister blaming Israel for everything. It also opposes the double standards. The EU has no issue importing Chinese goods from Tibet but wants to ban goods from the ancient Jewish city of Hebron.

      I have had support from a wide variety of people, even from those who oppose the settlements, they still feel this EU punishes Israel and is hypocritical.

      I am asking everyone to share this link via Twitter, Facebook and to email it to all your friends. This petition will only work if we have thousands of signatures.

      Last week I created this petition on Avaaz.org, but after reaching 1000 signatures, Avaaz.org deleted it, I was given no reason. I have now set it up on Change.org as I am aware this site has previously had pro Israel petitions before. I am outraged by Avaaz.org attack on free speech and I am determined to make the new petition a success. So please get behind me and sign it and share it far and wide.

      http://www.change.org/petitions/minister-for-foreign-affairs-no-to-an-eu-ban-on-israeli-goods

      Thank you

      Barry Williams

      Ireland