Marriott: No Jews Need Apply

  • Ami Isseroff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 4:41 AM

      In the United States, discrimination against hotel guests based on race, religion or ethnic origin is against the law. In the Middle East, it is not evidently. A group of elderly Jews who had many years ago been expelled from Egypt wanted to visit the old country. They booked reservations for the Cairo Marriott hotel. Everyone's reservations are safe at Marriott it seems, unless they are Jewish.

      Someone invented a story that these poor old people were coming back to claim the property that the Egyptian government had stolen from them. The reservations suddenly evaporated:

      "On Thursday morning, I got an e-mail from our travel agent saying the Marriott Hotel does not have adequate security for us and they have canceled our reservation," Zamir told The Jerusalem Post.
      A Marriott Cairo employee said there was no reservation for the group, and that he knew nothing other than what was published in the media.

      This sort of thing is to be expected of our peaceful Egyptian neighbors, but international hotel chains should be operating by different standards. It is sad that in the twenty-first century any person cannot get lodging because of their race, creed or ethnic origin.

      As far as I know, Marriott Hotels have not bothered to explain, comment, apologize, or offer to pay damages. They are making believe it has nothing to do with them.

      If you think it is unfair, you might want to let them know:

      Marriott International Inc.
      Marriott Drive
      Washington, DC 20058

      Phone: 301-380-3000
      Fax: 301-380-3967

      And Bill Mariott’s Blog:
      http://www.blogs.marriott.com/

      And their Web site contact form:
      https://www.marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi

      Please be polite and do not use the "Anti-Semitism" word. It will not help. Some of their best friends are s, right?

      Next time you need a hotel, remember that Marriott reservations are not secure for Jews.

      And oh yes, if any of you own any Marriott (MAR) stock, now might be a good time to sell it. Down from $49.48 in June 2007 to $33.60 today. Small wonder - you can't make money by canceling reservations and refusing service.

      Ami Isseroff

      Original content is Copyright by the author 2008. Posted at ZioNation-Zionism and Israel Web Log, http://www.zionism-israel.com/log/archives/00000555.html where your intelligent and constructive comments are welcome. Disributed by ZNN list. Subscribe by sending a message to ZNN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Please forward by e-mail with this notice, cite this article and link to it. Other uses by permission only.