Re: Writing fanfic was Re: [Yuricon] More Shonomen Yuri

  • Shannon Stricof
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003

      About the determining male and female thing, yeah, its pretty easy to tell with most writing, but it isnt always. The thing is, most writers dont spend the time to adapt their writing should they want to disguise their writing, but I think those that try can be successful. It's much more than a nom de plume, that doesn't mean much, but some writers have adapted their writing to take the perspective accurately of the other gender.

      I mean, even Robert Bly, perhaps teh second most masculine writer after Hemingway has gotten behind the perspective of the female poet. But, most people aren't capable of that, I mean, I know I'm not the most convincing person on the planet for either gender, I write very androgynously, but since I have to write mainly research papers and school essays, thats just an unfortunate side effect.

      -Shannon Ami

       Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      But as I have said here, I still think it's possible to determine whther the
      author is male or female, old or young, regardless of the name the story is
      under, unless the author is exceptional.

      I will say that in terms of writing, I'm against using nom de plume unless
      there's a damn good reason to.

      Do you Yahoo!?