Heavenly Creatures

  • BADKumagorou@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
      has anyone here ever seen the movie "Heavenly Creatures" directed by Peter Jackson?  I saw it a little while ago on HBO Zone, and I want to reccomend it to everyone here.  It's based on a true story, and is incredibly sad.  I was drawn to it so much because the girls in it remind me of myself and my girlfriend... I think anyone who has not seen it should see it, it's a good thing to watch with a girlfriend.

      ~Nanami
    • Bina
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
        I can honestly say thats the worst movie i have ever seen, Its not a GF movie is another  Sad lesbian movie, and ive seen enuf of those to keep me depressed for several years.But we have enuf movies shows us as Nuts but this movie takes the cake. But thats just what i think...

            Bina ( who likes the happy movies and is gonna go lurk again)

      • BADKumagorou@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
          In a message dated 1/27/03 9:01:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, dreamscout90@... writes:

          I can honestly say thats the worst movie i have ever seen, Its not a GF movie is another  Sad lesbian movie, and ive seen enuf of those to keep me depressed for several years.But we have enuf movies shows us as Nuts but this movie takes the cake. But thats just what i think...

          oh, come now, you can't honestly say it's the *worst* movei you've ever seen... I don't know, maybe it's not that generally well liked, but it touched me specifically, soo....  I don't think it's just your average "sad lesbian movie," I think it has much more to it...

          ~nanami
        • Bina
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
            Yaa i saw undercover brother.. now thats bad..*shiver*
          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
              Undercover Brother wasn't bad, it was craptacular. There's a difference. A
              craptacular movie is still entertaining. Worst movie I have seen to date is
              Dolemite, a really low budget 70s blaxpoitation flick. It was several levels
              below being MST3K bad, it was wretched. We couldn't even make fun of the
              movie it was so bad. Battlefield Earth is definitely a close second, now
              that I'm thinking about it.

              --= =--
              Chalcahuite

              > From: "Bina" <dreamscout90@...>
              > Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:13:01 -0600
              > To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Heavenly Creatures
              >
              > Yaa i saw undercover brother.. now thats bad..*shiver*

            • Levk Velez
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 27, 2003
                To each is own

                =====

                PEACE!!!!

                ~Levk~

                http://www.v1331-productions.com
                http://pub38.ezboard.com/bv1331productions
                http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zone/l/e/levk/levk.html

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Dana G.
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 28, 2003
                  you think that's bad? one halloween when i was so desperate i rented 'jack
                  frost 2: the revenge of the mutant killer snowman'. a mary kate and ashley
                  movie would have been less traumatizing! now -that's- bad!

                  Yaa i saw undercover brother.. now thats bad..*shiver*

                • Shannon Stricof
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 28, 2003

                    Agreed that Undercover Brother is craptacular, that's a definate. THe worst movie I've ever seen however was Best in Show... mockumentaries..*shudder*

                    -Shannon Ami

                     Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                    Undercover Brother wasn't bad, it was craptacular. There's a difference. A
                    craptacular movie is still entertaining.  Worst movie I have seen to date is
                    Dolemite, a really low budget 70s blaxpoitation flick. It was several levels
                    below being MST3K bad, it was wretched. We couldn't even make fun of the
                    movie it was so bad. Battlefield Earth is definitely a close second, now
                    that I'm thinking about it.

                    --= =--
                    Chalcahuite

                    > From: "Bina" <dreamscout90@...>
                    > Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:13:01 -0600
                    > To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
                    > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Heavenly Creatures
                    >
                    > Yaa i saw undercover brother.. now thats bad..*shiver*

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                  • Tim BonuraII
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 29, 2003
                      --- Shannon Stricof <shanami632@...> wrote:

                      > Agreed that Undercover Brother is craptacular,
                      > that's a definate. THe worst movie I've ever seen
                      > however was Best in Show...
                      > mockumentaries..*shudder*
                      > -Shannon Ami

                      Try Stardom with Jessica Pare.

                      =====
                      Sincer,

                      Tim II- Challenger

                      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                    • Tim BonuraII
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 29, 2003
                        --- "Dana G." <snebula32@...> wrote:
                        > you think that's bad? one halloween when i was so
                        > desperate i rented 'jack
                        > frost 2: the revenge of the mutant killer snowman'.
                        > a mary kate and ashley
                        > movie would have been less traumatizing! now
                        > -that's- bad!

                        Cool sequel. Is as bloody as the first? :)

                        Seriously it is a Dicert-to-video slasher, did you
                        expect a plot or something?

                        Sincer,

                        Tim II- Lover of mindless bloodshed

                        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                      • Dana G.
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 29, 2003
                          no. it wasn't bloody at all. they didn't show any of the gore. so the 3
                          dollars i spent on the movie was for captain fun, a gyrating carrot, killer
                          ice cubes, and puke-babies.... oh and a half-decently ugly girl in a bikini.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 30, 2003
                              --- Shannon Stricof <shanami632@...> wrote:

                              > Hey, with a gyrating carrot it couldnt have been all
                              > bad
                              > -Shannon Ami

                              LOL :)

                              > "Dana G." <snebula32@...> wrote:no. it
                              > wasn't bloody at all. they didn't show any of the
                              > gore. so the 3
                              > dollars i spent on the movie was for captain fun, a
                              > gyrating carrot, killer
                              > ice cubes, and puke-babies.... oh and a
                              > half-decently ugly girl in a bikini.

                              Damn, then what is the point of a slasher with no
                              gore.
                              Some people who make movies have no idea what they are
                              doing.

                              Sincer,

                              Tim II- Challenger

                              http://mailplus.yahoo.com