Re: [Yuricon] Haibane Renmei - a must see

  • Jingu Joe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2003
      ...I'm very agree.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 12:07 PM
      Subject: [Yuricon] Haibane Renmei - a must see

      I have *just* finished this series and I absolutely won't even bother trying
      to describe it. It is by far and away one of the most lovely tales I've ever

      It was unpredictable, breathtaking and the end had me litterally sitting on
      the edge of my seat.

      I will say that I really think it is *not* shoujoai, in the sense that there
      is attraction, but it is about an intense emotional relationship between two
      women and there is definitely a deep caring between them.

      It's just gorgeous - but have tissues ready.

      One more note - Haibane Renmei is based off of a doujinshi - not a manga.
      This is a first, as far as I know. Abe Yoshotoshi, the creator of Serial
      Experiments Lain, has done a two part DJ that was sold at Comiket. I only
      wish I had known when I was there.

      This series gets an A++ in my book.