Some Read or Die thoughts

  • gaffneys_99 <sean@thekeep.org>
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 29, 2002
      I just noticed cupped-expressions has been updating like mad the past
      few months, and gorged myself on all the images and new info about
      Read or Dream. What went through my head:

      1) In the manga, Nenene seems very mature for her age, perhaps to
      balance with the far more immature Yomiko (more immature than the
      anime, that is). However, the illustrations from the novels seem to
      have Nenene acting much younger, and Yomiko as the mature one.
      Admittedly, as I don't read Japanese, this is pure conjecture...

      2) From a description of novel characters: "KAREN TOPED. Karen
      lives with Wendy as her roommate. She is very cool and beautiful."
      So, who's gonna be the first to slash these two up? :-D (For anime-
      only people, Wendy's the ditzy blonde secretary to Joker).

      3) The novels all seem to be pre-OAV through at least #5, however, #6
      has a cover of Yomiko and Nancy lying by a tree looking very yuri-
      ish. I wonder if Novel 6 is an adaptation of the OAVs? Meaning in 7
      we might find out what happens with AmnesiaNancy (TM).

      4) Yomiko's definitely not in Read or Dream so far, though the
      publicity hints she may cameo. In fact, with the 3 RoDream girls
      being sisters, the yuri potential seems far lower than RoDie.
      Perhaps she's absent because she, Nancy, and Nenene are exploring
      their new threesome relationship. (Ever since I found out those
      little notes to Yomiko in the anime were left by Nenene, I've just
      had this image of Yomiko arriving at Nenene's one night to find her
      asleep nude with a paper saying 'eat me' at her crotch. ^_^). I say
      this guiltily as I have an unwritten RoD fic I'm cowriting sitting on
      my HD dying, along with most of my other fanfics. ^^;; Must stop
      getting ideas and then not writing them...

      --SG
      --oh, the site I'm discussing is http://cupped-expressions.net/rod/
    • cricharddavies <cricharddavies@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 30, 2002
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "gaffneys_99 <sean@t...>" <sean@t...>
        wrote:
        > 4) Yomiko's definitely not in Read or Dream so far, though the
        > publicity hints she may cameo. In fact, with the 3 RoDream girls
        > being sisters, the yuri potential seems far lower than RoDie.

        And this would be an impediment to certain people ... how, exactly?

        *Siddown*, Johann.

        Chris Davies.
      • Johann Chua
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 31, 2002
          At 06:48 AM 12/31/2002 -0000, cricharddavies <cricharddavies@...>
          wrote:
          >--- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "gaffneys_99 <sean@t...>" <sean@t...>
          >wrote:
          >> 4) Yomiko's definitely not in Read or Dream so far, though the
          >> publicity hints she may cameo. In fact, with the 3 RoDream girls
          >> being sisters, the yuri potential seems far lower than RoDie.
          >
          >And this would be an impediment to certain people ... how, exactly?
          >
          >*Siddown*, Johann.

          Hey!

          <Aya> He's actually seen his sister in bed with another girl.
          <me> They were just sleeping, though.
          <Aya> It was his bed, by the way. The only time there's been a girl or
          two in it, and he wasn't there.
          <me> ......
        • J Butler <puni@optushome.com.au>
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2003
            Re: Some Read or Die thoughts

            Me, I like to think Yomiko is a grownup Marcy from PEANUTS. She
            moved to Japan after her powers freaked out her childhood sweetheart
            & lover Pepperminty Patty. Being a public romance, we all knew it
            would end badly.

            Feel free to stare blankly at your monitor and question in
            bewilderment at how someone could think such things, let alone
            mention it in public.

            Moving along...

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen
          • shenotski <duomaxwell@fanboy.org>
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2003
              Ummmmmmm... Did i mention that The Paper is BI?
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2003
                --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "shenotski <duomaxwell@f...>"
                <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:
                > Ummmmmmm... Did i mention that The Paper is BI?

                So? So's Marcy. Look at the way she moons over Charlie Brown
                sometimes.

                Of course, she'd have to be the "Silver Age" Marcy, since the
                original Marcy -- Marsha Bloom, aunt of Milo Bloom -- actually
                married the first Charlie Brown and bore his son, who was the father
                of a certain lad named Calvin ...

                Am I scaring anyone yet?

                Chris Davies.
              • Shannon Stricof
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 2, 2003

                  >Am I scaring anyone yet?

                  >Chris Davies.

                  Yes

                  -Shannon Ami

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • cricharddavies <cricharddavies@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 2, 2003
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Shannon Stricof <shanami632@y...>
                    wrote:

                    > >Am I scaring anyone yet?
                    >
                    > >Chris Davies.
                    >
                    > Yes
                    >
                    > -Shannon Ami

                    Goooooood.

                    Guess Who.
                  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 3, 2003

                      Of course, she'd have to be the "Silver Age" Marcy, since the
                      original Marcy -- Marsha Bloom, aunt of Milo Bloom -- actually
                      married the first Charlie Brown and bore his son, who was the father
                      of a certain lad named Calvin ...

                      Am I scaring anyone yet?

                      Yet? Chris, you were scary a long time ago :p

                      Kun
                      ---'-,-{@
                    • cricharddavies <cricharddavies@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 3, 2003
                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Trixterpriest@a... wrote:

                        > > Of course, she'd have to be the "Silver Age" Marcy, since the
                        > > original Marcy -- Marsha Bloom, aunt of Milo Bloom -- actually
                        > > married the first Charlie Brown and bore his son, who was the
                        father
                        > > of a certain lad named Calvin ...
                        > >
                        > > Am I scaring anyone yet?
                        >
                        > Yet? Chris, you were scary a long time ago :p

                        Why, thank you, Kun. I daresay that's the nicest thing anyone's said
                        to me all week.

                        > Kun

                        What, no "little scary brat prince of fandom dance"?

                        Chris Davies.
                      • Tim BonuraII
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 4, 2003
                          <cricharddavies@...> wrote:

                          > > > Am I scaring anyone yet?
                          > >
                          > > Yet? Chris, you were scary a long time ago :p
                          >
                          > Why, thank you, Kun. I daresay that's the nicest
                          > thing anyone's said
                          > to me all week.
                          >

                          > > Kun
                          >
                          > What, no "little scary brat prince of fandom dance"?
                          >
                          > Chris Davies.

                          You have yet to scare ME muhahahahahhahahahhha!!!!!!!

                          Try your worst,

                          Tim II- Challenger

                          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                        • cricharddavies <cricharddavies@yahoo.com>
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 4, 2003
                            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tim BonuraII <notjunior@y...> wrote:

                            > You have yet to scare ME muhahahahahhahahahhha!!!!!!!
                            >
                            > Try your worst,

                            Okay. I'm going to go off and get started on my plans. I may be some
                            time. You don't mind waiting, spending every moment from this one
                            forward in anticipation of what horror I will unleash upon you when I
                            return, do you? Oh good.

                            Chris Davies.
                          • Thomas Scroggs
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 4, 2003
                              <cricharddavies@...> wrote:
                              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tim BonuraII
                              > <notjunior@y...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > You have yet to scare ME
                              > muhahahahahhahahahhha!!!!!!!
                              > >
                              > > Try your worst,
                              >
                              > Okay. I'm going to go off and get started on my
                              > plans. I may be some
                              > time. You don't mind waiting, spending every moment
                              > from this one
                              > forward in anticipation of what horror I will
                              > unleash upon you when I
                              > return, do you? Oh good.
                              >
                              > Chris Davies.

                              Good lord! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!

                              =====
                              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                            • PGit
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 5, 2003
                                --- Thomas Scroggs <trscroggs@...> wrote:

                                > --- "cricharddavies <cricharddavies@...>"
                                > <cricharddavies@...> wrote:
                                > > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tim BonuraII
                                > > <notjunior@y...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > > You have yet to scare ME
                                > > muhahahahahhahahahhha!!!!!!!
                                > > >
                                > > > Try your worst,
                                > >
                                > > Okay. I'm going to go off and get started on my
                                > > plans. I may be some
                                > > time. You don't mind waiting, spending every
                                > moment
                                > > from this one
                                > > forward in anticipation of what horror I will
                                > > unleash upon you when I
                                > > return, do you? Oh good.
                                > >
                                > > Chris Davies.
                                > >

                                > Good lord! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!
                                >
                                > =====
                                > --------------------
                                > I have an over active imagination...
                                > ...and it leaks.

                                Bunnicuthief! That's Chester Cat's line, that is. He
                                has reality leaks, and they need to be checked
                                periodically. James Howe.

                                ~ Alex

                                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                              • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 8, 2003

                                  >>Am I scaring anyone yet?
                                  >
                                  >Yet? Chris, you were scary a long time ago :p

                                  Why, thank you, Kun. I daresay that's the nicest thing anyone's said
                                  to me all week.

                                  Perhaps I should get a prize for that... I'm sure people say nice things to you night and day, Chris ;)

                                  What, no "little scary brat prince of fandom dance"?

                                  Chris Davies.

                                  How about this instead....

                                  *does a little crazy cynical critic of fandom dance*

                                  And I dare you to say it ten times fast ;p

                                  Kun