Pita ten, Straight turned Shoujo ai!!

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 28, 2002
      I didn't think it was possible. For the most pat Pita ten is just an ultra
      cut series with no real story. Baically you have a Boy who's mother died
      when he was young and Father isn't around at all. Then one day an Angel
      (Misha) moves in next day and says that she will be his mother from now on.
      Misha turns out to be a Angel in training and your usual clumbsy idiot who
      can do anything right. Next enters a shy little Girl, Shia, who is a Devil
      in training. Shia is the complete opposite of Misha and even though they are
      a devil and an angel Misha lets Shia move in with her. The rest of the story
      is random silliness as one character after another enters (atleast they all
      don't fall in love with the same girl. Each finds someone else to fight
      over) Out of all the character Shia is the only one who doesn't show any
      feeling for anyone. All she seems to care about is that Misha is happy (eg.
      Shia joins a relay rase in order to win a prize for Misha.) For the most
      part Shia doesn't have a large role.

      I was perfectly happy with the story being just cute but then I was suprised
      when I saw the back of the final DVD (attached) The First 2 dvd covers show
      the two just holding hands but this one showed alot more. I laughed and
      thought "I wonder if this will be the opposite of most. Straight story that
      later become a Shoujo ai." Well I was deffenely not expecting the ending. It
      takes Shia dissappearing for Misha to realize her feelings. The Last 2
      episode are tearfilled and majorly shoujo ai. They never kiss or anything
      like that (this was deffently a kids show) but getting to the ending was
      well worth the siting through all those episode of sugar shock. Basiclaly
      you can watch first few episodes until Shia moves in with Misha and then
      just skip to the end only to be missing alot of sugary sweet filler.

      Well that is my Shoujo ai news of the day.

      jaa ne

      Kat
    • Alessandra Picchetti
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 28, 2002
        *LOL!* I knew buying the first manga of Pitaten would pay off...

        Just need to convince Junichiro to help me read it, mwa ha ha...

        -Alex
      • Kathryn Williams
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 28, 2002
          Here you go, someone has already translated them for you
          http://www.sweet-tactics.net/~Phoe/index2.html

          jaa ne and enjoy

          Kat

        • gaffneys_99 <sean@thekeep.org>
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 29, 2002
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@s...>
            wrote:

            <snip>

            It's very difficult to look at those two and not see Puchiko and
            Rabi~En~Rose. ^^;; I presume Pita-Ten is a Broccoli show?

            --SG
          • Kathryn Williams
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 29, 2002
              Actually even closer, It is the same character designer. Koge-Donbo! She has
              been doing alot more since Digi Charat, like Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. Take the
              sweetness of Digi and drop the weird to get what her other series are like.
              Ultra Ultra Kawaii!!!!

              jaa ne

              Kat

              > It's very difficult to look at those two and not see Puchiko and
              > Rabi~En~Rose. ^^;; I presume Pita-Ten is a Broccoli show?
              >
              > --SG
            • Alessandra Picchetti
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 29, 2002
                (Alex fangirl moment)
                She also had a competely adorable Harry Potter fanart site, and is the ONLY
                Japanese person I've seen that adores Draco and Tom Felton. For some reason,
                they all go in for Snape :/ Or the good guys, or Riddle. Never Draco. Boo.
                (/end fangirl moment)

                But, Koge-Donbo rocks! So cute! ^-^

                -Alex

                > Actually even closer, It is the same character designer. Koge-Donbo! She
                has
                > been doing alot more since Digi Charat, like Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. Take
                the
                > sweetness of Digi and drop the weird to get what her other series are
                like.
                > Ultra Ultra Kawaii!!!!
                >
                > jaa ne
                >
                > Kat
                >

                > > It's very difficult to look at those two and not see Puchiko and
                > > Rabi~En~Rose. ^^;; I presume Pita-Ten is a Broccoli show?
                > >
                > > --SG

              • Uncle Ro'
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 29, 2002
                  >(Alex fangirl moment)
                  >She also had a competely adorable Harry Potter fanart site, and is the ONLY

                  You mean this one?
                  http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~haripota/illust/illtop.html

                  Ro'

                  MSN 8 limited-time offer: Join now and get 3 months FREE*.
                  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
                  http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf
                • Alessandra Picchetti
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 29, 2002
                    > >(Alex fangirl moment)
                    > >She also had a competely adorable Harry Potter fanart site, and is the
                    ONLY

                    > You mean this one?
                    > http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~haripota/illust/illtop.html

                    That would indeed be it ^-^

                    -Alex
                  • starcrossings <starcrossings@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 30, 2002
                      delurks briefly
                      In the previews in the international section they have the 2nd issue
                      of pita-ten. It's beyond my price range 36.99 (for 96 pages in an
                      8x10 format- it still seems pricey. It's suppose to have color pics
                      also)if you've got the money you should be able to hassle your local
                      comics retailer into preordering one for you
                      If someone know a cheaper place to get this please let me know I'd
                      like to pick it up
                      relurks thanks a lot neo
                    • Amy Gordon
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 30, 2002

                        *_* kat.... i'm moving in until i see the end of that series *lol*

                        seriously tho, that is so completely exciting!! yay for shoujo ai! ^_^

                        -Zeph ^_^
[...]
                        DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/.ZSp6B/dlOFAA/46VHAA/cGIolB/TM
                        << Pitaten.jpg >>

                      • Kathryn Williams
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 30, 2002
                          >^_^< Let's see... You've watches the all but one ep on the first DVD so that leaves you with 19 episodes left in the series. That is nearly 10 hours of Pita ten to go through... You up for a day of sugar shot? LOL Talk about a test of ones strength. I had to break the rest into 3 sittings (mind you that is mostly because I has other work to get done at the same time) Well contact me when you want to drop by. Drew should be back in a day or so and he hasn't seen the ending either.

                          Why do I se you saying here for a year just to watch all the shoujo ai you have yet to see >^_^<

                          Anyway, I'm almost finished fixing my site. I think I can get this done on time (if new scripts would quite coming to mind all that time and getting in the way.) Well I'm off.

                          jaa

                          Kat

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 30, 2002
                            ACK! Now I remember why I moved to TO. KiKiWai's has teh entire collection
                            for only $15 CAN a peice. You can find better deals online. You have got to
                            love how Preveiws can turns a 500 yen book and multipy the number by 6???

                            Oh, for those looking for the Manga there are 2 different versions. Only one
                            is done by Donbo herself so carefully which one you grab. (the correct one
                            says her name in Roman characters on the cover so not hrd to tell the two
                            apart)

                            Well Jaa ne

                            Kat

                            > delurks briefly
                            > In the previews in the international section they have the 2nd issue
                            > of pita-ten. It's beyond my price range 36.99 (for 96 pages in an
                            > 8x10 format- it still seems pricey. It's suppose to have color pics
                            > also)if you've got the money you should be able to hassle your local
                            > comics retailer into preordering one for you
                            > If someone know a cheaper place to get this please let me know I'd
                            > like to pick it up
                            > relurks thanks a lot neo

                          • mark hen
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 31, 2002

                              send more pics of hentai

                              Do you Yahoo!?
                            • Kathryn Williams
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 31, 2002
                                Demand Hentai and what you'll get is KAWAIIII!!!!!  Hope everyone has a fun and happy New Years

                                Kat

                                send more pics of hentai

                              • Kathryn Williams
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 31, 2002
                                  Opps I woke up to realize I send the pic.. I ment to send another Pita Ten one. Oh, well there is no such thing as to much Kawaii Shoujo ai I say >^_^<

                                  Jaa

                                  Kat
                                • Amy Gordon
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 1, 2003

                                    *RotFL* Kat, that is quite possibly the best rebuttal I have ever heard in my life. Zing!

                                    -Zeph ^_^
                                    Demand Hentai and what you'll get is KAWAIIII!!!!! Hope everyone has a fun and happy New Years
                                    Kat
                                    send more pics of hentai
                                    << KawaiiCCS.jpg >>