Yippee! Arrgh!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2002
      I feel so vindicated.:-)

      I have run out of Hana no Asuka-gumi to read, until my shipment from Japan
      comes in. :-(

      But, in Vol. 20, the unpleasant Yoko comes back to town, just as a moment of
      quiet has settled over Asuka. She's made it through the "Ikuse 23," a battle
      royale during which every single one of the areas of Tokyo was fighting
      against all the others to determine the new military leader in town. (Have I
      mentioned that these gangs are all 13-16 year old girls? I love this comic!
      LOL)

      Asuka lost, on purpose, but Hibari-sama asked her to return to HQ anyway.
      Asuka didn't answer and has, in the meantime, returned to school. (But you
      just *know* she will, don't you?)

      But - in the time-honored way that good series have, not a few days pass in
      relative quiet when...

      1) Everyone headed to school is being mugged by the "Bypass Gang." I'm
      pretty sure that they are attempting to eliminate competition for the
      college entrance exams - I find this a ultra-bizarre side plot.

      2) Yoko comes back to torture Asuka. Which brings me to my point. In Vol.
      20, Yoko rides off with the spineless and uninteresting Yuki on his bike and
      he says, "Did you see it?"

      Yoko of course says, "See what?"

      Yuki tells her in no uncertain terms that Asuka is very obviously in love
      with Yoko. (For those of you interested - he uses the word "koi" not "suki"
      so there's pretty much no ambiguity here.)

      Yoko says that she hates Asuka, but that Asuka is her only friend.

      And then, after a few other things happened, I ran out of manga to read.

      I'm so happy that someone in the actual series noticed the way Asuka looks
      at Yoko! Yay!

      I'm so very annoyed that I have to wait to find out what happens! Grrr!