Re: [Yuricon] interview madness

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
      I saw a link to this, this morning on ANN's website. Getting on the
      mainstream radar can only be a good thing, I think. The interview does sound
      like you guys had been chatting it up for hours. There were a bunch of
      spelling mistakes, I noticed, but still was a decent interview. Doing
      interviews and being interviewed are learned skills. I'm sure you'll get
      better at it, the more of them you do.
      Congratulations, Kat.
      --= =--
      Chalcahuite

      > From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>
      > Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 04:02:02 -0500
      > To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [Yuricon] interview madness
      >
      > Okay I had several interviews over the week and one was for a new online
      > Mag. I didn't think anything about it but over night this interview has
      > appeared and several Forums, ML's and websites including Anime on DVD and
      > AnimeNation. Thought some of you would like to read this. Here
      >
      > http://www.otakuaniverse.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=3&id=1038872
      > 389
      >
      > I can't beleive I actually talk like that. Arrggghhh... this interview was
      > taken after spending 3 hours just talking anime with the guy. I really wish
      > we'd started that apart at the begining but it is to late now.
      >
      > Jaa ne
      >
      > Kat *who runs away and hides her head for a while*

    • shenotski
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
        Grand, it's nice to see things progress so much so soon. As for
        me i'm going to be busy as hell Finals are comming up for the
        quater i'm in.
      • kage9of9235
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
          --- In Yuricon@y..., "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:
          > Grand, it's nice to see things progress so much so soon. As for
          > me i'm going to be busy as hell Finals are comming up for the
          > quater i'm in.

          Ugh, don't finals suck? But, they lead to graduating. And they mean more free time during the week.

          Anywho, reading the interview reminded me, I wanted to dump some flyers for Yuricon at the new GLBU center here on campus and completely forgot where the current picture used for these is.

          Thanks.

          kage-kun: who's happy because she found out she can attend Yuricon
          "ookami wa ookami"
        • Shannon Stricof
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002

            Ditto on the finals, they are take up sooo much time. Geez, high-school is so pointless. I like a line from Birds of Prey (paraphrased, my memory isnt good enough to quote) where Helena tells Dinah that "High-school is the closest thing our society has to institutionalized torture."

            -Shannon

             shenotski <duomaxwell@...> wrote:

            Grand, it's nice to see things progress so much so soon. As for
            me i'm going to be busy as hell Finals are comming up for the
            quater i'm in.

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • shenotski
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
              --- In Yuricon@y..., Shannon Stricof
              <shanami632@y...> wrote:

              > Ditto on the finals, they are take up
              sooo much time. Geez, high-school is so
              pointless. I like a line from Birds of
              Prey (paraphrased, my memory isnt good
              enough to quote) where Helena tells Dinah
              that "High-school is the closest thing
              our society has to institutionalized
              torture."
              > -Shannon
              Um these are collage finals.
            • PGit
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
                > Um these are collage finals.

                Ooooh. Like that's _so_ much better. ;) Good luck on
                'em anyway, eh? My first one is tomorrow morning at,
                oooh, 9:00? Yes. Yes, McMaster believes in torment.
                It's on cyborgs, though. And cyborg culture. And
                cyberpunk, The Social Movement That Wasn't. Yadda.
                Genderblending, too. I love that word heaps and piles
                and wish I could patent it.

                ~ Alex
                "What doesn't bend, breaks." (A. DiFranco)

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Shannon Stricof
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 8, 2002

                  Oh, I have one of those, they are even worse, right after the last normal test by like 2 days for mine. God, me hates math in a serious way.

                  <shanami632@y...> wrote:

                  > Ditto on the finals, they are take up
                  sooo much time. Geez, high-school is so
                  pointless. I like a line from Birds of
                  Prey (paraphrased, my memory isnt good
                  enough to quote) where Helena tells Dinah
                  that "High-school is the closest thing
                  our society has to institutionalized
                  torture."
                  > -Shannon