interview madness

  • Kathryn Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
      Okay I had several interviews over the week and one was for a new online
      Mag. I didn't think anything about it but over night this interview has
      appeared and several Forums, ML's and websites including Anime on DVD and
      AnimeNation. Thought some of you would like to read this. Here

      http://www.otakuaniverse.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=3&id=1038872
      389

      I can't beleive I actually talk like that. Arrggghhh... this interview was
      taken after spending 3 hours just talking anime with the guy. I really wish
      we'd started that apart at the begining but it is to late now.

      Jaa ne

      Kat *who runs away and hides her head for a while*
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
        >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

        >Okay I had several interviews over the week and one was for a new online
        >Mag. I didn't think anything about it but over night this interview has
        >appeared and several Forums, ML's and websites including Anime on DVD and
        >AnimeNation.

        The folks from Anime on DVD are running Anime Boston - they probably picked
        it up from the animecons mailing list. Kat - you're viral! LOL

        Our mighty PR team sent out a load of press releases and the Shoujo-Ai
        showing info is on our events page http://www.yuricon.org/events/htm - with
        luck and the good will of the gods you'll have lots of butts in those seats.
        :-)

        Congrats on your microfame. ;-)

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
          I saw a link to this, this morning on ANN's website. Getting on the
          mainstream radar can only be a good thing, I think. The interview does sound
          like you guys had been chatting it up for hours. There were a bunch of
          spelling mistakes, I noticed, but still was a decent interview. Doing
          interviews and being interviewed are learned skills. I'm sure you'll get
          better at it, the more of them you do.
          Congratulations, Kat.
          --= =--
          Chalcahuite

          > From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>
          > Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 04:02:02 -0500
          > To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [Yuricon] interview madness
          >
          > Okay I had several interviews over the week and one was for a new online
          > Mag. I didn't think anything about it but over night this interview has
          > appeared and several Forums, ML's and websites including Anime on DVD and
          > AnimeNation. Thought some of you would like to read this. Here
          >
          > http://www.otakuaniverse.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=3&id=1038872
          > 389
          >
          > I can't beleive I actually talk like that. Arrggghhh... this interview was
          > taken after spending 3 hours just talking anime with the guy. I really wish
          > we'd started that apart at the begining but it is to late now.
          >
          > Jaa ne
          >
          > Kat *who runs away and hides her head for a while*

        • shenotski
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
            Grand, it's nice to see things progress so much so soon. As for
            me i'm going to be busy as hell Finals are comming up for the
            quater i'm in.
          • kage9of9235
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002
              --- In Yuricon@y..., "shenotski" <duomaxwell@f...> wrote:
              > Grand, it's nice to see things progress so much so soon. As for
              > me i'm going to be busy as hell Finals are comming up for the
              > quater i'm in.

              Ugh, don't finals suck? But, they lead to graduating. And they mean more free time during the week.

              Anywho, reading the interview reminded me, I wanted to dump some flyers for Yuricon at the new GLBU center here on campus and completely forgot where the current picture used for these is.

              Thanks.

              kage-kun: who's happy because she found out she can attend Yuricon
              "ookami wa ookami"
            • Shannon Stricof
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 5, 2002

                Ditto on the finals, they are take up sooo much time. Geez, high-school is so pointless. I like a line from Birds of Prey (paraphrased, my memory isnt good enough to quote) where Helena tells Dinah that "High-school is the closest thing our society has to institutionalized torture."

                -Shannon

                 shenotski <duomaxwell@...> wrote:

                Grand, it's nice to see things progress so much so soon. As for
                me i'm going to be busy as hell Finals are comming up for the
                quater i'm in.

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • shenotski
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
                  --- In Yuricon@y..., Shannon Stricof
                  <shanami632@y...> wrote:

                  > Ditto on the finals, they are take up
                  sooo much time. Geez, high-school is so
                  pointless. I like a line from Birds of
                  Prey (paraphrased, my memory isnt good
                  enough to quote) where Helena tells Dinah
                  that "High-school is the closest thing
                  our society has to institutionalized
                  torture."
                  > -Shannon
                  Um these are collage finals.
                • PGit
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 6, 2002
                    > Um these are collage finals.

                    Ooooh. Like that's _so_ much better. ;) Good luck on
                    'em anyway, eh? My first one is tomorrow morning at,
                    oooh, 9:00? Yes. Yes, McMaster believes in torment.
                    It's on cyborgs, though. And cyborg culture. And
                    cyberpunk, The Social Movement That Wasn't. Yadda.
                    Genderblending, too. I love that word heaps and piles
                    and wish I could patent it.

                    ~ Alex
                    "What doesn't bend, breaks." (A. DiFranco)

                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                  • Shannon Stricof
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 8, 2002

                      Oh, I have one of those, they are even worse, right after the last normal test by like 2 days for mine. God, me hates math in a serious way.

                      <shanami632@y...> wrote:

                      > Ditto on the finals, they are take up
                      sooo much time. Geez, high-school is so
                      pointless. I like a line from Birds of
                      Prey (paraphrased, my memory isnt good
                      enough to quote) where Helena tells Dinah
                      that "High-school is the closest thing
                      our society has to institutionalized
                      torture."
                      > -Shannon