Found an amazing (and FREE) program for Jap2Eng

  • Drew Torrens
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      Through various websearches, I came across a site with info about alien9.
      On a whim, I e-mailed the person, since he mentioned having a Kanji list for
      the manga. After a couple e-mails back and forth, he forwarded me to the
      following site:

      http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~grosenth/jwpce.html

      The program you can download there has several massive dictionary with a
      rediculous number of ways to look up things. You can type in romanji and it
      comes out in hiragana or katakana, and with a keypress, it will convert to
      kanji, with a list of alternates at the bottom. If you highlight kana or
      kanji or both, and hit another key, you get a list of possible translations.
      It doesn't translate for you, but it does everything but.

      Cool program. I think I just made Kat's week ;-) (not least of which
      because the guy I met online sent me the kanji/kana transcript of the manga
      to save typing for us)

      TTFN,
      Drew