Moral dilemma

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      I finally found a copy of Ragnarock City in a local store. Only 1500
      pesos. Very good price (it's probaly used but looks new) since anime shops
      usually charge a peso per yen conversion rate on artbooks and manga.

      Thing is the guy who owns the store ripped me off not once, but twice
      (shame on me; thrice if you count giving me phased out, worthless coins for
      change) and I don't want to give him anymore of my money until he 'fesses
      up and gives me my money.

      The first time was when I left an auction item to be picked up at his
      store. He said it got lost. Okay, but then I saw the item, PLANETARY
      issues 2 to 3, at a newly opened back issue comcis shop, owned by the guy
      who won my auction (we'd alrady met face to face to finalize another
      auction; I trust _him_).

      Second time was when I consigned my Takatoku die-cast Orguss Orgroid. When
      I noticed it wasn't on the shelf anymore and asked if he sold it already,
      he said it was at his other branch, near my sister's college. When I went
      there, I didn't see it. I finally told him this last week and he insists
      it's there.

      There's alot of other stuff that I'd like to get from his store, but
      Raganarock City is top priority. Ordering online will end up costing more
      due to shipping (and possibly import duties), if not actual item price.