Kat and Neko Manga and Yuricon present Shoujoai Anime Showing in Toronto

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2002
      Yuricon and Kat and Neko Manga are bringing you a full-day of classic and cutting edge shoujoai anime at the 519 Community Center in Toronto, Ontario, from 10AM to 9PM, on December 14th, 2002. This event is being hosted by shoujoai mangaka and Yuricon Guest of Honor, Kathryn Williams.

      Tickets can be purchased in advance at:

      The Toronto Women's Books store - 73 Harbord Street

      This Ain't the Rosedale Library - 483 Church Street (adult tickets only)

      UTARPA (University of Toronto Japanese Animation Club) showing on December 13th at the Sir Sandford Fleming Building, Room 1105, 10 King's College Road

      Advance Tickets are: $8 for adults
      $6 for students (with I.D.)

      At the Door Tickets: $10 for adults
      $8 for students

      Shoujoai, or "girl love" stories features themes that explore romantic and emotional love between girls, from first crushes to explosive and passionate love. Kathryn Williams will be on hand to introduce the series being shown and to take questions on shoujoai and yuri in anime and manga.

      For more information about the shoujoai showing, please contact Kathryn Williams at neko_haruka@... or visit the Kat and Neko Manga Website at http://www.katandnekomanga.ca

      For more information on Yuricon, a celebration of shoujoai and yuri in anime and manga, please visit our website at http://www.yuricon.org or email us at yuricon@...
    • Kathryn Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        Additional Note: I'll be filling any extra time with Yuri Studio AMV's,
        Openings of other great Shoujo ai series (Lain is just to long to do all at
        once) and basically trying to introduce everyone to as much shoujo ai and
        yuri as I can. By the end everyone will be our mindless slaves and only be
        able to preach the wonders of Yuricon *evil Laugher fills the room, Looks
        around at everyone staring at her* What? *points at Erica-kun* World Media
        Domination was all her idea! I'm just trying to follow our leaders footsteps
        *evil Grin*

        Well hope to see some of you there.

        jaa ne

        Kat

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
          >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

          >Additional Note: I'll be filling any extra time with Yuri Studio AMV's,
          >Openings of other great Shoujo ai series (Lain is just to long to do all at
          >once) and basically trying to introduce everyone to as much shoujo ai and
          >yuri as I can.

          I honestly wish I could make it - it sounds fabulous.

          By the end everyone will be our mindless slaves and only be
          >able to preach the wonders of Yuricon *evil Laugher fills the room,

          <nod nod>

          Looks
          >around at everyone staring at her* What? *points at Erica-kun* World Media
          >Domination was all her idea! I'm just trying to follow our leaders
          >footsteps
          >*evil Grin*

          Absolutely. I approve.