RE: [Yuricon] Happy Thanksgiving

  • Eltink, Royi
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2002
      > This hoilday is very soon!!! and I just wanted to say it ^^ here in
      > America this hoilday is on teh 28th, I think anyway. LOL So from me
      > to all of you, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

      ...Thanksgiving.. it has something to do with turkeys hasnt it?
      Some kind of harvest-festival like we have in Europe?

      Ro'
    • Levk Velez
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2002
        yes it has to do with a turkey, but here it is to give
        thanks for what we have freinds, family and food. It
        is a big thanks ^_^

        =====
        PEACE!!!!

        ~Levk~

        http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zone/l/e/levk/levk.html
        http://www.v1331-productions.com/

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • BADKumagorou@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 27, 2002
          In a message dated 11/27/02 2:48:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, levk_v@... writes:

          yes it has to do with a turkey, but here it is to give
          thanks for what we have freinds, family and food. It
          is a big thanks ^_^

          personally I hate Thanksgiving... but I don't want to bring down anyone's holiday spirits, so perhaps I won't rant... ^_^;;

          ~Nanami-chan
        • Amy Gordon
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 27, 2002

            *lol* it has to do with more than just turkey ^_^;; for those americans, it's the day when the british settlers and the native americans got together to have a big feast. these days, they have turkey, and other harvest-type foods, and give thanks for everything they have. the association with thanks came from the fact that the settlers would have died if it were not for the natives sharing their crops and teaching the settlers how to grow corn. there was something about tobacco too...*nodnod* sort of hypocritical how there's an entire holiday celebrating the kindness of a people who are now reduced to almost nothing due to the cold and inhumane treatment they've had over the years...

            canadians (woo! XD) had their thanksgiving a month ago. *shrugs* we have our harvest earlier due to our colder temperatures ^_^

            why do you not like thanksgiving?

            -Zeph ^_^
            levk_v@... writes:
            > yes it has to do with a turkey, but here it is to give
            > thanks for what we have freinds, family and food. It
            > is a big thanks ^_^
            personally I hate Thanksgiving... but I don't want to bring down anyone's
            holiday spirits, so perhaps I won't rant... ^_^;;
            ~Nanami-chan

          • shenotski
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 27, 2002
              I'm just going to be glad when i get to Yuri-con in 7 1/2 months. My
              brains really being racked by collage but i'm still trying to
              figgure out exactly what i should do for the pannel on the side.
              I'll probubly just bug everyone on the Yuristudios ML until somone
              caves in from constant hounding to be my vict... i mean pannel
              helper.
            • BADKumagorou@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 28, 2002
                In a message dated 11/27/02 8:01:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, zephthebest@... writes:

                why do you not like thanksgiving?

                well, I don't like thanksgiving, partly because of something you mentioned, that the native americans were treated horribly and inhumanely, and we're celebrating that in a way, becuase we're celebrating when europeans came to america.  Also, on thanksgiving, many men just sit in front of the TV watching football *glares at mother's boyfriend* while their wives/ girlfriends/etc. cook food all day.  And also, the is that oh-so-American sentiment of a holiday that is about stuffing your face... it's all kind of disgusting....

                ~Nanami-chan (the holiday-basher)
              • Levk Velez
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 28, 2002
                  panel helper? lol don't have any idea what you talking
                  about sorry >< i forget things in time ><

                  =====
                  PEACE!!!!

                  ~Levk~

                  http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/zone/l/e/levk/levk.html
                  http://www.v1331-productions.com/

                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                • maria zulbillaga
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 28, 2002
                    I am a Mexican Meztiso (Native Mexican and Spanish European) and I one thing to say. DRY UP!
                    The truth is we all have blood on our hands. The Crow help the US Calvery against Lokota-Soux. Islamic-Trader sold thousands of Africans into slavery. The Dutch and French started scalping. The list goes on and on.

                    I like this holiday. I get to give stock on what got, not what I don't. All holidays have darksides, even Christmas. I prefer look on the postive.

                    So Happy Thanksgiving,
                    Everyone

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 29, 2002
                      Well, I still think Thanksgiving is an stunning fest, like the early settlers said: "Thank you for helping us not to die from starvation, and now get the f*** outta our sight!"

                      > Lokota-Soux. Islamic-Trader sold thousands of Africans into slavery. The Dutch and
                      > French started scalping. The list goes on and on.

                      One thing.. I always correct this if I hear it (it is a heavy burden for our country), the Dutch sold hundreds of thousands of Africans into slavery and were the largest in the market until the nazis told them to do otherwise..
                      (The Dutch were also the largest in the opium market until the japanese told them to do otherwise, but I dont think there was a lot of export to the US (wich is quite different from nowadays ~.-).)

                      > I like this holiday. I get to give stock on what got, not what I don't. All holidays
                      > have darksides, even Christmas. I prefer look on the postive.

                      Well, I think that it is better that a holiday is something with stuffing your face with your family and friends rather than being alone slurping an cup of instant noodles behind your computer/vcr deck/dvd player.
                      Just my few cents...

                      Ro'
                    • Tim BonuraII
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
                        --- BADKumagorou@... wrote:
                        > Standard Time,
                        > zephthebest@... writes:
                        >
                        > > why do you not like thanksgiving?
                        >
                        > well, I don't like thanksgiving, partly because of
                        > something you mentioned,
                        > that the native americans were treated horribly and
                        > inhumanely, and we're
                        > celebrating that in a way, becuase we're celebrating
                        > when europeans came to
                        > america. Also, on thanksgiving, many men just sit
                        > in front of the TV
                        > watching football *glares at mother's boyfriend*
                        > while their wives/
                        > girlfriends/etc. cook food all day. And also, the
                        > is that oh-so-American
                        > sentiment of a holiday that is about stuffing your
                        > face... it's all kind of
                        > disgusting....
                        >
                        > ~Nanami-chan (the holiday-basher)

                        Well, in my house I bake cookies the day before my
                        mother cooks a I usally help( this year I was up all
                        night slept all day, but I did get the cookies done(
                        and getting hounded to make more)) and my brother
                        bitches about the world not bowing to his will.

                        Sincer,

                        Tim II- Challenger

                        http://mailplus.yahoo.com