Re: [Yuricon] Re: Sukeban Deka

  • Minionmancer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 25, 2002
      *delurks*
      That is the anime about the detective girl with a yo-yo, right? I watched the first volume, wasn't certain what to make
      of it.

      Sabdh, my condolensces. I know how much it hurts losing a parent.
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 26, 2002
        >From: Minionmancer@...

        >*delurks*
        > That is the anime about the detective girl with a yo-yo, right? I watched
        >the first volume, wasn't certain what to make
        >of it.

        That's the one. The anime looks pretty watered down, but the live-action
        show looks neato keen. :-)

        But if I've learned anything in all of this, it's this - it's the manga that
        has the meat. Read the manga to learn the 8real* story, then everything else
        makes more sense.

        Message 3 of 17 , May 9 6:57 PM
          How do I like this anime? Let me count the ways:

          1) Cool, tough, hypercompetent, deliquent chick heroine

          2) Psychotic women as enemies

          3) Lots of ridiculous fights

          4) Whopping huge yuri subtext (Juuuuuunnnnkkkkkoooooo!!!!)

          5) The annoying guy was actually kinda cute and funny.

          6) Most of the really predictable things weren't and the wacky
          predictable things were way over-the-top and hysterical.

          The only bad things? The chick in the tie looked terrible and the
          music bit. Other than that - this is a Yuricon-worthy little OVA. :-)

          Message 4 of 17 , May 9 9:35 PM
            >From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>

            >Have you read the manga already? Still haven't gotten around to seeing the
            >anime myself.

            Not yet - it's very high on my wish list...I was shopping around Yahoo Japan
            for it earlier.

          • Johann Chua
            Message 5 of 17 , May 10 4:01 AM
            • Trixterpriest@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , May 12 4:49 AM
                > >Have you read the manga already? Still haven't gotten around to seeing the
                > >anime myself.
                >
                > Not yet - it's very high on my wish list...I was shopping around Yahoo Japan
                > for it earlier.

                It starts....

                ;p
                Kun
                ----'-,-{@
              • jason
                Message 7 of 17 , May 13 10:23 AM
                  cant forget shes kick ass with that yo-yo though.......

                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "atheniag" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                  > How do I like this anime? Let me count the ways:
                  >

                  > 1) Cool, tough, hypercompetent, deliquent chick heroine
                  >

                  > 2) Psychotic women as enemies
                  >

                  > 3) Lots of ridiculous fights
                  >

                  > 4) Whopping huge yuri subtext (Juuuuuunnnnkkkkkoooooo!!!!)
                  >

                  > 5) The annoying guy was actually kinda cute and funny.
                  >

                  > 6) Most of the really predictable things weren't and the wacky
                  > predictable things were way over-the-top and hysterical.
                  >

                  > The only bad things? The chick in the tie looked terrible and the
                  > music bit. Other than that - this is a Yuricon-worthy little OVA. :-
                  )

                • Johann Chua
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 29, 2003
                    At 12:35 PM 5/10/2003 +0000, Erica Friedman wrote:
                    >>From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>
                    >
                    >>Have you read the manga already? Still haven't gotten around to seeing the
                    >>anime myself.
                    >
                    >Not yet - it's very high on my wish list...I was shopping around Yahoo Japan

                    >for it earlier.

                    Did you have any luck finding it? If not, I could send you volumes 1 to 3.
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 29, 2003
                      >From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>

                      >Did you have any luck finding it? If not, I could send you volumes 1 to 3.

                      I haven't looked. I mean, I've seen it for sale, but haven't bothered
                      placing any orders. I appreciate the offer, but the other thing you sent
                      never arrived, so I can only assume that if you did, they'd only end up in
                      limbo anyway. :-)

                      But I do appreciate the offer!

                    • Johann Chua
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 30, 2003
                        At 04:43 PM 7/29/2003 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:

                        >>From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>
                        >
                        >>Did you have any luck finding it? If not, I could send you volumes 1 to 3.
                        >
                        >I haven't looked. I mean, I've seen it for sale, but haven't bothered
                        >placing any orders. I appreciate the offer, but the other thing you sent
                        >never arrived, so I can only assume that if you did, they'd only end up in
                        >limbo anyway. :-)

                        It was the P.O I sent it from that was the problem, I think. The San Juan
                        Central and Greenhills post offices are much more reliable.
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 30, 2003
                          >From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>

                          >It was the P.O I sent it from that was the problem, I think. The San Juan
                          >Central and Greenhills post offices are much more reliable.

                          Then it's up to you. If you feel comfortable doing so, I know I'd be very
                          happy to read them. I'll be glad to send 'em back when I'm done.

                        • Johann Chua
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 30, 2003
                            At 04:33 PM 7/30/2003 -0400, Erica Friedman wrote:
                            >>From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>
                            >>It was the P.O I sent it from that was the problem, I think. The San Juan
                            >>Central and Greenhills post offices are much more reliable.
                            >
                            >Then it's up to you. If you feel comfortable doing so, I know I'd be very
                            >happy to read them. I'll be glad to send 'em back when I'm done.

                            I got the books cheap (they're not in the best condition), so even if they do
                            get lost or stolen it's no biggie.
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 31, 2003
                              >From: Johann Chua <cjchua@...>

                              >I got the books cheap (they're not in the best condition), so even if they
                              >do
                              >get lost or stolen it's no biggie.
                              >--

                              Then, thank you. :-)