[Yuricon] OT: Tipping the Velvet/Orlando/Countercultures

  • PGit
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 6, 2002
      *cry* I have something to say. 3 hours sleep and I'm
      only at 2259 words, pre-proofing! I shoulda just gone
      with
      all-people-in-the-queer-community-are-shamefully-underrated-yet-fighting-back-with-federal-unions.
      Instead, there's this unweildy thing about community
      artists vs galleries, it's all nuts.

      ~ Alex (aka PGit)
      whim.robotskull.com
      Whim - Paperlove is hard to come by

      --- Levk Velez <levk_v@...> wrote:
      > BLAH!!!
      >
      > I have nothing really to say so I post!!! lol ^^
      > WAAAAA oh well see ya

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • heron-blue Tira
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 6, 2002
        >"Oranges are Not the
        > Only Fruit" was released in the US, at least on
        > video.
        > Then again, it wasn't very explicit.
        >
        > n" yeah, i saw it at my semi-local video store
        > (where i live, anything
        > within an hour is local...) and i was like WOW!
        > cool! i haven't rented it
        > yet though. is it worth the 3 bucks plus the late
        > fee i'll be destined to
        > pay or no?

        Very much worth the three bucks! Jeanette Winterson
        did the screenplay, and it shows! I really liked it.
        Then again, I'm a massive fan of hers. But it's
        good... one of far too few well-done coming out
        stories on video.

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      • Allison Saotome
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 6, 2002
          I've never seen the film version... but I read the book back in the
          day and loved it. I guess I should check it out on video.

          Wow, it only took a week for me to post again here... heh.

          -Alli

          --- In Yuricon@y..., heron-blue Tira <tiratrewyn@y...> wrote:

          > >"Oranges are Not the
          > > Only Fruit" was released in the US, at least on
          > > video.
          > > Then again, it wasn't very explicit.
          > >
          > > n" yeah, i saw it at my semi-local video store
          > > (where i live, anything
          > > within an hour is local...) and i was like WOW!
          > > cool! i haven't rented it
          > > yet though. is it worth the 3 bucks plus the late
          > > fee i'll be destined to
          > > pay or no?
          >
          > Very much worth the three bucks! Jeanette Winterson
          > did the screenplay, and it shows! I really liked it.
          > Then again, I'm a massive fan of hers. But it's
          > good... one of far too few well-done coming out
          > stories on video.

          > HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          > http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • Tim BonuraII
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 7, 2002
            BBC America might show it, they show So Graham Norton.

            Sincer,

            Tim II- Challenger

            http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
          • shenotski
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 11, 2002
              Neato to bad i don't have cabel anymore. Or sanity for that matter... must draw... Must draw more....
              Art Collage got to love it.