.hack//sign... good watch?

  • distorted_souls
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
      I've sorta been following this anime within this discussion... how
      does everyone who has seen it find it? is it worth watching?
    • kamenoko
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
          I enjoyed it alot. The premise was interesting, and I liked how they
          combined the fantasy and sci-fi elements. I really enjoyed the music, the
          songs are well done, though a bit overused I thought in some places. When it
          gets released here, I'm definitely buying it, and I'll probably be picking
          up the soundtrack relatively shortly. I guess you can consider that a good
          recommendation. ;)

          --= =--
          Chalcahuite

          > From: "distorted_souls" <distorted_souls@...>
          > Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 04:33:44 -0000
          > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Yuricon] .hack//sign... good watch?
          >

          > I've sorta been following this anime within this discussion... how
          > does everyone who has seen it find it? is it worth watching?

        • heron-blue Tira
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2002
            I'm currently watching .hack//sign, and I like it.
            Reminds me a lot of "Noir", mostly because the music
            was done by the same person. There's a song that's
            the equivelant of "Salvas Nos" in that whenever you
            hear the song begin, you know that some serious
            ass-kicking is about to ensue. Also, the main
            character is a taciturn but dangerous amnesiac. The
            plot moves a bit slowly, and I'm told the ending is
            frustrating. But the animation is beautiful, and it's
            a really creative concept. I'd say it's worth the
            watch. Unfortunately, there's no real yuri subtext
            (unless you really, really stretch and say that Mimiru
            and BT have a couple of moments).

            ~~Tira

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • Kathryn Williams
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2002
              the end isn't the ending.. the story continues in teh video game and on into
              the manga and the true ending is in the manga.

              Fun huh?

              jaa ne

              Kat

              > I'm currently watching .hack//sign, and I like it.
              > Reminds me a lot of "Noir", mostly because the music
              > was done by the same person. There's a song that's
              > the equivelant of "Salvas Nos" in that whenever you
              > hear the song begin, you know that some serious
              > ass-kicking is about to ensue. Also, the main
              > character is a taciturn but dangerous amnesiac. The
              > plot moves a bit slowly, and I'm told the ending is
              > frustrating. But the animation is beautiful, and it's
              > a really creative concept. I'd say it's worth the
              > watch. Unfortunately, there's no real yuri subtext
              > (unless you really, really stretch and say that Mimiru
              > and BT have a couple of moments).
              >
              > ~~Tira

            • Chalcahuite
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2002
                Yeah, continuity is a little strange. As far as I understand the TV series
                was supposed to be a prequel to the OVA and the video game, and the manga
                picks up after those events. I've only seen two episodes of the OVA, haven't
                played the video game at all. So I don't know if that assessment is
                accurate. I guess I'll find out next year when Bandai releases both the
                video game and the OVA series.

                --= =--
                Chalcahuite

                > From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>
                > Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:32:23 -0500
                > To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] .hack//sign... good watch?
                >
                > the end isn't the ending.. the story continues in teh video game and on into
                > the manga and the true ending is in the manga.
                >
                > Fun huh?
                >
                > jaa ne
                >
                > Kat
                >

                >> I'm currently watching .hack//sign, and I like it.
                >> Reminds me a lot of "Noir", mostly because the music
                >> was done by the same person. There's a song that's
                >> the equivelant of "Salvas Nos" in that whenever you
                >> hear the song begin, you know that some serious
                >> ass-kicking is about to ensue. Also, the main
                >> character is a taciturn but dangerous amnesiac. The
                >> plot moves a bit slowly, and I'm told the ending is
                >> frustrating. But the animation is beautiful, and it's
                >> a really creative concept. I'd say it's worth the
                >> watch. Unfortunately, there's no real yuri subtext
                >> (unless you really, really stretch and say that Mimiru
                >> and BT have a couple of moments).
                >>
                >> ~~Tira

              • Chalcahuite
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2002
                  > watch. Unfortunately, there's no real yuri subtext
                  > (unless you really, really stretch and say that Mimiru
                  > and BT have a couple of moments).

                  Well, not to spoil anything, but thy patience shalt be rewarded.

                  --= =--
                  Chalcahuite