[ot] HELP!!!! yuri/ anime seminar

  • Kazeno Hoshi
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
      Hi to all the people at yuricon

      My name is Cassie Huang, and 1) i'm a huge fan of yuri/ shoujoai and 2) a
      student working in the women's studies department at MIT.
      This combined got me into a bit of trouble with my supervisor...who now
      thinks it's a great idea to organize a seminar on the subject of gender
      roles and sexuality in anime, and i'm in charge of finding the speakers.

      can anyone think of any famous people that i should tell my supervisor to
      invite? (professors prefered) or of any places i can find more information
      on the subject?

      thanks lots, minna-san

      cassie huang aka kaze no hoshi

    • Kathryn K Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
        --- In Yuricon@y..., "Kazeno Hoshi" <kazenohoshi@h...> wrote:
        Hi hi!

        I'm not a professor (I only have a degree in Arts and I don't think
        that counts) but I'm taught at the Western Univeristy as well as at
        Cons across North America about Shoujo ai, GoH for Yuricon and am
        hosting the Toronto Shoujo ai Film festival. I'm always willing to
        help where I can. Erica-kun seems to think I'm more of an expert in
        some areas but that is just because I'm buried myself in my work but
        I think she would be a better person then me.

        If you need all the info about who I am and what I do you can find it
        all here: http://katandnekomanga.ca/Abouttheartist.shtml

        Good luck.

        jaa ne

        Kat

        > Hi to all the people at yuricon
        >
        > My name is Cassie Huang, and 1) i'm a huge fan of yuri/ shoujoai
        and 2) a
        > student working in the women's studies department at MIT.
        > This combined got me into a bit of trouble with my supervisor...who
        now
        > thinks it's a great idea to organize a seminar on the subject of
        gender
        > roles and sexuality in anime, and i'm in charge of finding the
        speakers.

        > can anyone think of any famous people that i should tell my
        supervisor to
        > invite? (professors prefered) or of any places i can find more
        information
        > on the subject?
        >
        > thanks lots, minna-san
      • Kathryn K Williams