Re: [Yuricon] Tenshi na Konamaiki...

  • Shannon Stricof
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2002

      Wow, thats deep, crazy even. Gender issues suck, plain and simple, they suck!!!! As for what to consider a male TG who likes women, I personally think that its impossible to decide what we are for the simple fact that its impossible to decide what side of the gender fence you stand on, it changes day to day (believe me, I'm probly about as confused as Kat was in high-school), though, I at least relate more with being a lesbian than a straight guy. wow, that was a really random tangent, ehh? guess its the by-product of cross-dressing for a day at school, I got the best looks ever.

      -luv, Shannon

      PS: anyone wanna see my halloween picture?? I think its hilarious, and geeeez, shaving legs is a pain!!!

       Kathryn Williams <neko_haruka@...> wrote:

      Asking these kind of questions is getting deep into gender issues. In the
      Anime the girl truly believes that 6 years ago she was a Boy and the only
      person who beleives her is her best friend. All records, photos and
      everything state the character is a girl but she still beleives that she is
      a boy. The twist of having a mage turn her into a girl for 10 years is just
      a twist. It is the same question being asked time and time again. Is a male
      to female TG a Lesiban if they like girls? Or the reverse. This is why I
      don't like labeling something. Thenchi Na Konamaiki is a Shoujo and leave it
      at that. If you start discussing if it is yaoi, Yuri or what ever you'll
      just run yourself in circles. I think of the story as an interesting look at
      gender roles and hope that the whole wizard think just becomes some bad
      story. I'll probly give an odd twist in the end. Sort of like Chiraity,
      Shiori is in love with Carol but she isn't male nor female (shapshifter) In
      the end it was Shori who decided that she loved Carol as a girl... I'm
      getting muddled just thinking about it.

      This is coming from someone who was confused as hell in high school, went
      from straight to gay, Dressd as a boy, changed names daily and generally
      caused a huge mess in school with the girls. (okay I was stupid and
      confused) I didn't come to call myself a Dkye until 3 years ago and even
      that was a gradual thing.

      Con goer: Umm.. What are you exactly?

      Kat: I'm Kat.

      Con goer: I mean are you a boy or a girl?

      Kat: I'm Kat and that is all you need to know >^_^<

      Jaa ne

      Kat

      (PS: sorry if this post seems alittle edgy, getting little sleep from this
      cough and needed to get that of my mind. Also I do like the anime and want
      to find more. )

      > *lol* I've been watching this show, too! I'm on episode 14 at the moment..
      > and it confuses me. ^^; It could be considered yaoi, yuri or straight...
      ALL
      > AT THE SAME TIME! I love it to death, though. Can't wait to see the rest!

      Do you Yahoo!?
      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now