My Erica Report ^_________^

  • Menagi-chan
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2002
      So, I got to spend the bulk of the day with Erica and her beautiful wife,
      Pattie. First off, I'd like to say thank you. It was so wonderful to see
      you both again. You forget just how much you miss people, sometimes, til
      you get to spend time with them and reaquaint yourselves. At least, that's
      how I feel, anyway. And E-- I don't care how prickly you are, I still love
      you to pieces.

      Anyway, caught up with them outside the theatre, spent the bulk of the
      afternoon chatting in a greasy spoon. Craptastic service, all the way. But
      the company was good. I also got to see Erica in all her glory, talking,
      making contacts and generally being the genial person she claims not to be.
      ^^;; Yes, yes, I realize, genial -- but with a purpose in mind. *lol* Got
      it.

      I forgot just how beautiful the Utena movie was. And I realized just how
      much I despise the English dub. ^^;; Had a good chat with people before
      and after the movie, and yes--I got pictures. Only 2 turned out. Group
      shot of us with ...oh damn... the head of the Festival? *meeps and looks
      ashamed* (I'm the one on Erica's right). I also snuck a (very bad) picture
      of Erica at the podium.

      Anywho, that's my craptastic report of the evening. ^^;; Erica will no
      doubt explain much better. But she's more verbose than I could ever be.
      *grins*

      Jya matta ne!
      Menagi-chan
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
        >From: "Menagi-chan" <Menagi_chan@...>

        >So, I got to spend the bulk of the day with Erica and her beautiful wife,
        >Pattie.

        And we got to spend the day with the delightful Menagi-chan, so we're even.
        :-)

        First off, I'd like to say thank you. It was so wonderful to see
        >you both again. You forget just how much you miss people, sometimes, til
        >you get to spend time with them and reaquaint yourselves. At least, that's
        >how I feel, anyway. And E-- I don't care how prickly you are, I still love
        >you to pieces.

        <blush, shuffle>

        Thanks, sweetie - we love you back. Wooja, wooja. :-)
        Group
        >shot of us with ...oh damn... the head of the Festival?

        Margaret Murray, Festival Director - a lovely lady. We'll be working
        together to make next year a little less wonky. :-)

        >Anywho, that's my craptastic report of the evening. ^^;; Erica will no
        >doubt explain much better. But she's more verbose than I could ever be.
        >*grins*

        Actually, I think you covered the essentials - except for how much fun you
        are to be around. :-)

        The showing was a little disappointing. They buried it on a Tuesday at a
        very early time, so we had a poor crowd. They won't do that again. :-) My
        mother's comment was "I don't think many of them understood your
        vocabulary." LOL

        But the movie is so bloody gorgeous and I love the music, so I sang along to
        the good bits and P and I got to bask in the presence of Menagi-chan, so I
        was happy.

        And now I'm home, so I'm even happier. Bye-bye obscene Florida heat, hello
        beautiful autumn chill! I may even light a fire tonight, because I can.

      • Levk Velez
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
          GAH!!! You get to have all the fun!!! I wish I can do
          the stuff you do!!! waaa :(( oh well I can live on,
          maybe one day i'll get my dream, maybe not who knows..
          I rather go for it >< but anyway!!! I STILL WISH I WAS
          DOING THAT STUFF!!! he ehee well good luck and
          everything and thanks for looking at my pic ^^ i'll
          color it soon also ^^ ttyl

          http://faith.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
            >From: Levk Velez <levk_v@...>

            >GAH!!! You get to have all the fun!!! I wish I can do
            >the stuff you do!!! waaa :(( oh well I can live on,
            >maybe one day i'll get my dream, maybe not who knows..
            >I rather go for it >< but anyway!!! I STILL WISH I WAS
            >DOING THAT STUFF!!! he ehee well good luck and
            >everything and thanks for looking at my pic ^^ i'll
            >color it soon also ^^ ttyl

            Go do it! I'm not stopping you. LOL

          • Alyssa Hines
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002

              > But the movie is so bloody gorgeous and I love the
              > music, so I sang along to
              > the good bits

              hmm should have been an intersting sight wouldnt have
              it? However the movie did have bloody fantastic
              graphics (speaking of which i might go and watch it
              again sometime today)

              > And now I'm home, so I'm even happier. Bye-bye
              > obscene Florida heat, hello
              > beautiful autumn chill! I may even light a fire
              > tonight, because I can.

              **chuckles** someone has piromaniac tendencies dont
              they? dont forget to add the metho jk

              =====
              Daniel Johns Is God SILVERCHIAR

              http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
              - Always be connected to your Messenger Friends
            • Levk Velez
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                hummmm... I already went to florida but never for a
                reason besides to hang out with my freind on a dumb
                road trip but besides that I ment, I would like to
                have done the whole thing like the work you do >< how
                i explain this gah!!! comic stuff!!! >< that sums it
                up, lol but oh well sometime soon. you see!!! hahhahahahahhahaha

                http://faith.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                  >From: Levk Velez <levk_v@...>

                  >hummmm... I already went to florida but never for a
                  >reason besides to hang out with my freind on a dumb
                  >road trip but besides that I ment, I would like to
                  >have done the whole thing like the work you do >< how
                  >i explain this gah!!! comic stuff!!! >< that sums it
                  >up, lol but oh well sometime soon. you see!!! hahhahahahahhahaha

                  That's what I meant too. I am no one special - anyone could do this stuff.

                  If you want to become an anime expert, call your local film festivals, say
                  you are an expert and that you have some anime you'd like them to show. Then
                  call companies that make anime and tell them that you represent a film
                  festival that wants to show anime. Attend meetings with both, and so on...

                  It's nothing that anyone else can't do.

                • Menagi Starnigh
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002

                    >From: "Erica Friedman"

                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] My Erica Report ^_________^
                    >Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:44:06 -0400
                    >
                    > >From: Levk Velez
                    >
                    > >hummmm... I already went to florida but never for a
                    > >reason besides to hang out with my freind on a dumb
                    > >road trip but besides that I ment, I would like to
                    > >have done the whole thing like the work you do >< how
                    > >i explain this gah!!! comic stuff!!! >< that sums it
                    > >up, lol but oh well sometime soon. you see!!! hahhahahahahhahaha
                    >
                    >That's what I meant too. I am no one special - anyone could do this stuff.
                    >
                    >If you want to become an anime expert, call your local film festivals, say
                    >you are an expert and that you have some anime you'd like them to show. Then
                    >call companies that make anime and tell them that you represent a film
                    >festival that wants to show anime. Attend meetings with both, and so on...

                    In other words, ladies and gentlemen, Erica is a con artist.  ^_________________^

                    *kiss kiss*

                    Menagi-chan

                  • stirling_9
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                      --- In Yuricon@y..., "Menagi-chan" <Menagi_chan@h...> wrote:
                      > So, I got to spend the bulk of the day with Erica and her beautiful
                      wife,
                      > Pattie.

                      ^^ She said I'm cute!!!!! Random Rudolph moment....

                      First off, I'd like to say thank you.

                      The pleasure was all ours, I assure you!

                      It was so wonderful to see
                      > you both again.

                      ^^ Ditto!!

                      And E-- I don't care how prickly you are, I still love
                      > you to pieces.

                      Isn't she cute? You gotta love that E... or bail, there it is. :P

                      > Anyway, caught up with them outside the theatre, spent the bulk of the
                      > afternoon chatting in a greasy spoon. Craptastic service, all the way.

                      I never did get that lemonade.

                      I also got to see Erica in all her glory,

                      Which was why I went too! Makes it all worth it. ^____^
                      xoxoxo!!
                    • stirling_9
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                        --- In Yuricon@y..., "Menagi Starnigh" <Menagi_chan@h...> wrote:
                        > In other words, ladies and gentlemen, Erica is a con artist.
                        ^_________________^

                        *kiss kiss*

                        Menagi-chan

                        Groan!!!! lol I liked it. :)
                        xoxo
                      • Levk Velez
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                          local film festivals!! I must find this >< gah!! anime
                          expert? lol i wonder if i can acctually say that >< oh
                          well ^^ thanks, i'll look into that maybe >< if i can
                          find a local film festival, thanks and ttyl!!

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                            Con Artist? hee hee The bad way or good?

                            http://faith.yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 9, 2002
                              >From: "Menagi Starnigh" <Menagi_chan@...>

                              Of course. All business is a con.