Re: [Yuricon] Charm School

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
      At 06:14 PM 10/01/2002 -0500, Cyndy wrote:
      >How much are 2 and 3?

      Oh, and I'm also looking for The Sandman Presents: Dead Boy Detectives #4.
    • Carly
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
        Following a tip from this mailing list, I discovered (and have become
        completely enamored with) Elizabeth Watasin's comic, Charm School.

        I've purchased just about all the available issues (too impatient to
        wait for the second trade paperback, unfortunately!), but am having a
        great deal of difficulty locating copies of the 5th issue. I emailed
        the author, who was very friendly and helpful but mentioned that the
        5th volume was more popular due to its Midsummer Night's Dream theme,
        and thus hard to find. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might
        find this elusive 5th issue of Charm School?

        Thank you very much!

        ~Carly

        PS: First post to the group... hello, everyone!
      • xavierv13@crypticrain.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
          Wow, I forgot all about that already, I used to e-mail E regularly
          before the comic came out. Too bad we lost touch. Do you know when the
          paperback come out??

          -X
        • Ah... Me
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
            There's a new book by the author, maybe it's the second paperback... at Powells Online:
            This is the best bookstore in the US and maybe the world! (OK, so maybe I'm a little biased)
            They have an amazing selection, and are willing to help in person at their huge main store in Portland (It really does take up a whole city block, and they give you a map, which is also needed!)
            See if that's what you're looking for... if not... enjoy the rest of the store!

            Thespi

            Carly <firefly_freedancer@...> wrote:
            Following a tip from this mailing list, I discovered (and have become
            completely enamored with) Elizabeth Watasin's comic, Charm School.

            I've purchased just about all the available issues (too impatient to
            wait for the second trade paperback, unfortunately! ), but am having a
            great deal of difficulty locating copies of the 5th issue. I emailed
            the author, who was very friendly and helpful but mentioned that the
            5th volume was more popular due to its Midsummer Night's Dream theme,
            and thus hard to find. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might
            find this elusive 5th issue of Charm School?

            Thank you very much!

            ~Carly

            PS: First post to the group... hello, everyone!

            The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
            better slave race, YET.

            "Hey, who tidied the Brimstone?!" HELL, from "Summon the Keeper" by Tanya Huff

          • Johann Chua