Re: [Yuricon] Re: Book review, because you know you wanna

  • Alex Picchetti
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2002
      --- In Yuricon@y..., "Alex Picchetti" <nuriseiya@r...> wrote:

      > She also
      helped compile a gay/lesbian fantasy short-story
      > compilation, I think,
      but I'll be damned if my library has it.

      >This is why there are
      inter-library loans, Ms. Picchetti. :)

      >Titles are "Bending the
      Landscape: Fantasy" and "Bending the
      >Landscape: Science
      Fiction".

      Yeah, that one. ^_~;

      But, my library has this neat thing where it searches the databases of the four libraries in the immediate area, and if any of them have it it comes up... and, nothing came up.
      But, I will be valiant in my search! Or something. ^^

      -Alex
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
        >But, my library has this neat thing where it searches the databases of the
        >four libraries in the immediate area, and if any of them have it it comes
        >up... and, nothing came up.
        >But, I will be valiant in my search! Or something. ^^

        Walk thyself to the "reader's Services" Desk of thy library. )Or call them -
        they are in the phone book...and may even be on the internet.) Say these
        magic words, "I would like to ILL a book. How do i go about it?"

        The whacked out, insane person behind the desk, who dresses funny, may well
        have a terrible hairpiece and a strange look in his/her eye, will show you
        the process. You will follow the directions. The books will come in from a
        library far, far away from your town, and you can ponder over the
        inscription "Pensacola Town Library," wondering why on earth the good people
        of Pensacola would have this book in their library, but not you in yours.

        You will read the book. You will return it to your library and you will
        repeat the steps...endlessly. Until the people at the front desk and
        Reader's Services know you by voice on the phone and refer to you as "The
        law firm of Friedman and Lawler," (inserting yours and your partner's -
        should you have one - names.) And you overdue fines will support the
        building of a new library one day, with inadequate handicapped parking.

        Trust me.

      • Alex Picchetti
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
          >Trust me.
          *cracks up*

          I guess I have to, huh? Didn't (don't?) you work as a librarian?

          Either way, guess I have a mission for winter break... ^^ (Ewww, overdue fees...)

          -Alex
        • Jared Stricof
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002

            Hehe, funny. Very reminiscent of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

            -Shannon

            "Thou shalt lobest thy holy hand grenade and watchest as thine enemies are blown into tiny bits"

             Erica Friedman wrote:

            >But, my library has this neat thing where it searches the databases of the
            >four libraries in the immediate area, and if any of them have it it comes
            >up... and, nothing came up.
            >But, I will be valiant in my search! Or something. ^^

            Walk thyself to the "reader's Services" Desk of thy library. )Or call them -
            they are in the phone book...and may even be on the internet.) Say these
            magic words, "I would like to ILL a book. How do i go about it?"

            The whacked out, insane person behind the desk, who dresses funny, may well
            have a terrible hairpiece and a strange look in his/her eye, will show you
            the process. You will follow the directions. The books will come in from a
            library far, far away from your town, and you can ponder over the
            inscription "Pensacola Town Library," wondering why on earth the good people
            of Pensacola would have this book in their library, but not you in yours.

            You will read the book. You will return it to your library and you will
            repeat the steps...endlessly. Until the people at the front desk and
            Reader's Services know you by voice on the phone and refer to you as "The
            law firm of Friedman and Lawler," (inserting yours and your partner's -
            should you have one - names.) And you overdue fines will support the
            building of a new library one day, with inadequate handicapped parking.

            Trust me.

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 3, 2002
              >From: "Alex Picchetti" <nuriseiya@...>

              >I guess I have to, huh? Didn't (don't?) you work as a librarian?

              Corporate. I don't do ILL, except for myself. :-)

            • Kathryn Williams
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 5, 2002
                One question is does that work the same in Canada as in the US???

                Kat

                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                  >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                  >One question is does that work the same in Canada as in the US???

                  Depends on the library, but I bet that Toronto has at least a few good
                  libraries. :-)

                • cricharddavies
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                    --- In Yuricon@y..., "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@s...> wrote:
                    > One question is does that work the same in Canada as in the US???

                    Of course not.

                    It works *better*.

                    Chris Davies.
                  • Johann Chua
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 7, 2002
                      At 07:04 PM 10/07/2002 -0000, cricharddavies wrote:
                      >--- In Yuricon@y..., "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@s...> wrote:
                      >> One question is does that work the same in Canada as in the US???
                      >
                      >Of course not.
                      >
                      >It works *better*.

                      As I'd expect of the country that produced Laura Bertram:

                      http://www.laurabertram.net/
                    • Tim BonuraII
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 8, 2002
                        --- Johann Chua <cjchua@...> wrote:
                        > At 07:04 PM 10/07/2002 -0000, cricharddavies wrote:
                        > >--- In Yuricon@y..., "Kathryn Williams"
                        > <neko_haruka@s...> wrote:
                        > >> One question is does that work the same in Canada
                        > as in the US???
                        > >
                        > >Of course not.
                        > >
                        > >It works *better*.
                        >
                        > As I'd expect of the country that produced Laura
                        > Bertram:
                        >
                        > http://www.laurabertram.net/
                        > --
                        > Johann Chua -- HP:
                        > http://www.geocities.com/fuuma_1999/
                        > "Does anything last forever? Does love? Does pain?
                        > I'll
                        > tell you when I'm a thousand years old." Karen
                        > Kunawicz

                        Exellent point :)

                        =====
                        Sincer,

                        Tim II- Challenger

                        http://faith.yahoo.com
                      • Alyssa Hines
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 8, 2002
                          http://www.enokifilmsusa.com/library/ursula.htm

                          its called ursula's kisses and will official be aired
                          on australian cable tv, abc fly channel

                          all the traces of homosexuality have been completely
                          removed!!!!!! (which means they have screwed with eps
                          7, 13, 17, 28 & 29)

                          its outrageous isnt it?

                          =====
                          Daniel Johns Is God SILVERCHIAR

                          http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
                          - Always be connected to your Messenger Friends
                        • Shannon J. L.
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 8, 2002
                            Sweatdrops...
                            I saw that once, and never hoped to see it again. The evil... the
                            evil... I'm sure Akio is behind this. Or Shiori, whichever.

                            Shane :)

                            --- In Yuricon@y..., Alyssa Hines
                            <lemon_lime_orange_fruit_drink@y...> wrote:
                            > http://www.enokifilmsusa.com/library/ursula.htm
                          • PGit
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 8, 2002
                              Oh, this is a dark day indeed. It gives me severe
                              headpain to see the major basis of any work be so
                              completely subverted, and moreso when I'm writing a
                              term paper on women/nature cyborg identity, of which
                              Utena is a startlingly brilliant and shining example.

                              Bastards, one and all.
                              ~ Alex (aka PGit)
                              "The cats of course steadfastly denied ever having had
                              any name other than those self-given, unspoken..."

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 8, 2002
                                sad arent they??? hmm i wonder what they would do if
                                they dot a hold of adolecence of utena

                                --- PGit <ego_and_id@...> wrote: > Oh, this is a

                                =====
                                Daniel Johns Is God SILVERCHIAR

                                http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
                                - Always be connected to your Messenger Friends
                              • the_judy_justice
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 9, 2002
                                  --- In Yuricon@y..., Alyssa Hines
                                  <lemon_lime_orange_fruit_drink@y...> wrote:
                                  > http://www.enokifilmsusa.com/library/ursula.htm
                                  >
                                  > its called ursula's kisses and will official be aired
                                  > on australian cable tv, abc fly channel
                                  >
                                  > all the traces of homosexuality have been completely
                                  > removed!!!!!! (which means they have screwed with eps
                                  > 7, 13, 17, 28 & 29)
                                  >

                                  > its outrageous isnt it?
                                  >
                                  > =====
                                  > Daniel Johns Is God SILVERCHIAR
                                  >
                                  > http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
                                  > - Always be connected to your Messenger Friends

                                  -sweatdrops-

                                  -swallows-

                                  Wow... I can't believe that. I had to check the website itsif to make
                                  sure it wasn't a joke.

                                  Ahem. I wouldn't be proud to be American. ^_-

                                  And also...
                                  Have you noticed?

                                  "Silver Mask:
                                  A member of the "The Seekers of Armageddon." No one knows his/her
                                  true identity.

                                  Pazolini:
                                  The leader of the troop sent by "The Seekers of Armageddon."

                                  Lady June:
                                  The evil princess commanding the troop. Cool and merciless."

                                  What is that??!! Does anyone know? Are they really supposed to be
                                  SKU's characters?
                                  I always wondered about the carousel in the opening... There's
                                  nothing like that carousel in the french version.

                                  Ahem... Do we have been abused as well?

                                  -Judy (going off to bed to dream of a carousel)