Re: [Yuricon] Charm School

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
      At 06:14 PM 10/01/2002 -0500, Cyndy wrote:
      >How much are 2 and 3?

      I'm willing to trade them for Neon Genesis Evangelion Part 7 Special
      Collector's Edition #1. My usual comic shop got the regular edition for
      that, even though 2 and up were the special edition. I like having a
      matched set.

      They don't take re-orders anymore, so I have to turn to folks in the U.S.
      ^_^

      (I'm in the Philippines, BTW.)
    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
        At 06:14 PM 10/01/2002 -0500, Cyndy wrote:
        >How much are 2 and 3?

        Oh, and I'm also looking for The Sandman Presents: Dead Boy Detectives #4.
      • Carly
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
          Following a tip from this mailing list, I discovered (and have become
          completely enamored with) Elizabeth Watasin's comic, Charm School.

          I've purchased just about all the available issues (too impatient to
          wait for the second trade paperback, unfortunately!), but am having a
          great deal of difficulty locating copies of the 5th issue. I emailed
          the author, who was very friendly and helpful but mentioned that the
          5th volume was more popular due to its Midsummer Night's Dream theme,
          and thus hard to find. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might
          find this elusive 5th issue of Charm School?

          Thank you very much!

          ~Carly

          PS: First post to the group... hello, everyone!
        • xavierv13@crypticrain.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
            Wow, I forgot all about that already, I used to e-mail E regularly
            before the comic came out. Too bad we lost touch. Do you know when the
            paperback come out??

            -X
          • Ah... Me
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
              There's a new book by the author, maybe it's the second paperback... at Powells Online:
              This is the best bookstore in the US and maybe the world! (OK, so maybe I'm a little biased)
              They have an amazing selection, and are willing to help in person at their huge main store in Portland (It really does take up a whole city block, and they give you a map, which is also needed!)
              See if that's what you're looking for... if not... enjoy the rest of the store!

              Thespi

              Carly <firefly_freedancer@...> wrote:
              Following a tip from this mailing list, I discovered (and have become
              completely enamored with) Elizabeth Watasin's comic, Charm School.

              I've purchased just about all the available issues (too impatient to
              wait for the second trade paperback, unfortunately! ), but am having a
              great deal of difficulty locating copies of the 5th issue. I emailed
              the author, who was very friendly and helpful but mentioned that the
              5th volume was more popular due to its Midsummer Night's Dream theme,
              and thus hard to find. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might
              find this elusive 5th issue of Charm School?

              Thank you very much!

              ~Carly

              PS: First post to the group... hello, everyone!

              The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
              better slave race, YET.

              "Hey, who tidied the Brimstone?!" HELL, from "Summon the Keeper" by Tanya Huff

            • Johann Chua