Re: [Yuricon] Charm School

  • Cyndy
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
      How much are 2 and 3?

      Cyndy

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Johann Chua" <cjchua@...>
      To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 3:42 PM
      Subject: [Yuricon] Charm School

      > Anyone want #2 & 3? I already got the TPB and haven't been able to get
      #1,
      > which should still be available from Slave Labor Graphics' website.
      > --
      > Johann Chua -- HP: http://www.geocities.com/fuuma_1999/
      > "Does anything last forever? Does love? Does pain? I'll
      > tell you when I'm a thousand years old." Karen Kunawicz

    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
        At 06:14 PM 10/01/2002 -0500, Cyndy wrote:
        >How much are 2 and 3?

        I'm willing to trade them for Neon Genesis Evangelion Part 7 Special
        Collector's Edition #1. My usual comic shop got the regular edition for
        that, even though 2 and up were the special edition. I like having a
        matched set.

        They don't take re-orders anymore, so I have to turn to folks in the U.S.
        ^_^

        (I'm in the Philippines, BTW.)
      • Johann Chua
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
          At 06:14 PM 10/01/2002 -0500, Cyndy wrote:
          >How much are 2 and 3?

          Oh, and I'm also looking for The Sandman Presents: Dead Boy Detectives #4.
        • Carly
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
            Following a tip from this mailing list, I discovered (and have become
            completely enamored with) Elizabeth Watasin's comic, Charm School.

            I've purchased just about all the available issues (too impatient to
            wait for the second trade paperback, unfortunately!), but am having a
            great deal of difficulty locating copies of the 5th issue. I emailed
            the author, who was very friendly and helpful but mentioned that the
            5th volume was more popular due to its Midsummer Night's Dream theme,
            and thus hard to find. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might
            find this elusive 5th issue of Charm School?

            Thank you very much!

            ~Carly

            PS: First post to the group... hello, everyone!
          • xavierv13@crypticrain.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
              Wow, I forgot all about that already, I used to e-mail E regularly
              before the comic came out. Too bad we lost touch. Do you know when the
              paperback come out??

              -X
            • Ah... Me
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
                There's a new book by the author, maybe it's the second paperback... at Powells Online:
                This is the best bookstore in the US and maybe the world! (OK, so maybe I'm a little biased)
                They have an amazing selection, and are willing to help in person at their huge main store in Portland (It really does take up a whole city block, and they give you a map, which is also needed!)
                See if that's what you're looking for... if not... enjoy the rest of the store!

                Thespi

                Carly <firefly_freedancer@...> wrote:
                Following a tip from this mailing list, I discovered (and have become
                completely enamored with) Elizabeth Watasin's comic, Charm School.

                I've purchased just about all the available issues (too impatient to
                wait for the second trade paperback, unfortunately! ), but am having a
                great deal of difficulty locating copies of the 5th issue. I emailed
                the author, who was very friendly and helpful but mentioned that the
                5th volume was more popular due to its Midsummer Night's Dream theme,
                and thus hard to find. Does anyone have suggestions on where I might
                find this elusive 5th issue of Charm School?

                Thank you very much!

                ~Carly

                PS: First post to the group... hello, everyone!

                The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
                better slave race, YET.

                "Hey, who tidied the Brimstone?!" HELL, from "Summon the Keeper" by Tanya Huff

              • Johann Chua