Re: [Yuricon] More 'fanservice' yuri

  • Sephiroth
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
      I don't really care to much about fan service. I generally don't care
      ether way as long as the anime is good. Because despite what some
      directors think if you show off said atractive girls nauty parts that
      will not excuse you anime being a very dumb. I especully hated the Agent
      Aika version of fan service. Which was having all of the angels used to
      show off the girls panties. God that gave me a headache.
    • katie vieceli
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
        Agent Aika is of course, blatant fanservice, but y'know, even in that you
        can get some real emotion-the two Delmos captains, they had a relationship,
        and they obviously cared about each other.

        It's like Showgirls: it's a horribly trashy movie, but then you have Gina
        Gershon giving this wonderful performance in the middle of it. My goodness,
        the way she looks at Elizabeth Berkley's character in the hospital scene,
        all almost-love and lust and longing.

        Hmm. Not really sure what my point was. I guess just that sometimes there's
        unexpected sweetness in fanservice.

        KatieV
        People with thick eyebrows need love too!

      • Sean Gaffney
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
          > Hmm. Not really sure what my point was. I guess just that sometimes there's
          > unexpected sweetness in fanservice.

          Yup. Love Hina is filled with fanservicey pseudo-lesbians, but that
          doesn't mean I can't like Mutsumi/Naru. :-D

          --SG
        • the_judy_justice
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2002
            --- In Yuricon@y..., Sephiroth <fischer@p...> wrote:
            > I don't really care to much about fan service. I generally don't
            care
            > ether way as long as the anime is good. Because despite what some
            > directors think if you show off said atractive girls nauty parts
            that
            > will not excuse you anime being a very dumb. I especully hated the
            Agent
            > Aika version of fan service. Which was having all of the angels
            used to
            > show off the girls panties. God that gave me a headache.

            -Laugh- Yes... Agent Aika.
            I had never seen so many panties in such a short time!
            And also yes, this didn't lead anywhere. It had nothing to do with
            the story. I would only mention Cutey Honey as an example of
            interesting and meaningful fanservice connected to the story in some
            way. But I guess there are other series, it was just an example.

            -Judy (Who loves fanservice anyway.)