More 'fanservice' yuri

  • Sean Gaffney
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
      Just picked up Real Bout High School 4 (the manga), which introduces
      the ShinsenGumi, Ryoko's new girl gang. There's a very obvious 'this
      is fanservice' bathhouse scene in the middle, complete with admiring
      breasts and 'let's all wash each other!'. Plus many of the new girls
      are lesbian character types (this is RBHS, I'm not expecting depth),
      with Megumi, Asuka and Midori particularly setting off my 'Hmmmmm'
      buttons.

      Recommended for those who don't mind 'this is obviously for males'
      lesbian fanservice.

      --SG
    • Sephiroth
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
        I don't really care to much about fan service. I generally don't care
        ether way as long as the anime is good. Because despite what some
        directors think if you show off said atractive girls nauty parts that
        will not excuse you anime being a very dumb. I especully hated the Agent
        Aika version of fan service. Which was having all of the angels used to
        show off the girls panties. God that gave me a headache.
      • katie vieceli
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
          Agent Aika is of course, blatant fanservice, but y'know, even in that you
          can get some real emotion-the two Delmos captains, they had a relationship,
          and they obviously cared about each other.

          It's like Showgirls: it's a horribly trashy movie, but then you have Gina
          Gershon giving this wonderful performance in the middle of it. My goodness,
          the way she looks at Elizabeth Berkley's character in the hospital scene,
          all almost-love and lust and longing.

          Hmm. Not really sure what my point was. I guess just that sometimes there's
          unexpected sweetness in fanservice.

          KatieV
          People with thick eyebrows need love too!

        • Sean Gaffney
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26, 2002
            > Hmm. Not really sure what my point was. I guess just that sometimes there's
            > unexpected sweetness in fanservice.

            Yup. Love Hina is filled with fanservicey pseudo-lesbians, but that
            doesn't mean I can't like Mutsumi/Naru. :-D

            --SG
          • the_judy_justice
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27, 2002
              --- In Yuricon@y..., Sephiroth <fischer@p...> wrote:
              > I don't really care to much about fan service. I generally don't
              care
              > ether way as long as the anime is good. Because despite what some
              > directors think if you show off said atractive girls nauty parts
              that
              > will not excuse you anime being a very dumb. I especully hated the
              Agent
              > Aika version of fan service. Which was having all of the angels
              used to
              > show off the girls panties. God that gave me a headache.

              -Laugh- Yes... Agent Aika.
              I had never seen so many panties in such a short time!
              And also yes, this didn't lead anywhere. It had nothing to do with
              the story. I would only mention Cutey Honey as an example of
              interesting and meaningful fanservice connected to the story in some
              way. But I guess there are other series, it was just an example.

              -Judy (Who loves fanservice anyway.)