Welcome new list members!

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4, 2002
      I just wanted to take a moment out of my busy con-running schedule to welcome all the new members that have joined over the past few days.

      We love people who delurk - so feel free to share your love of yuri and shoujoai with us!

    • Trixterpriest@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 5, 2002
        << We love people who delurk - so feel free to share your love of yuri and
        shoujoai with us! >>

        Or, apparently, your love for yaoi, Buffy, or children's books ;) We're not
        picky as long as you try not to lurk too much ;p

        Kun
        ----'-,-{@

        *does a little welcome dance*
      • PGit
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 6, 2002
          *wolf-whistles for Kun*

          Yeah, delurkers are incredibly cool.
          P.S.(Kid's books) Finally am reading Arrows Of The
          Queen. Should have done it sooner, but, in the words
          of Homer: "It's still good! It's still good!"

          ~ Alex(aka PGit)

          --- Trixterpriest@... wrote:
          > << We love people who delurk - so feel free to share
          > your love of yuri and
          > shoujoai with us! >>
          >
          > Or, apparently, your love for yaoi, Buffy, or
          > children's books ;) We're not
          > picky as long as you try not to lurk too much ;p
          >
          > Kun
          > ----'-,-{@
          >
          > *does a little welcome dance*

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • june_leigh25
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 10, 2002
            Hi!

            I just wanted to say hi. I'm a fan of shoujo-ai and yuri (of
            course), and I also like shounen-ai and yaoi. My favorite anime is
            Utena and favorite couple, Utena and Anthy. I've been searching for
            more shoujo-ai/yuri couples in anime since I painfully lost Willow
            and Tara in Buffy. This list seems like a good place to start.

            Nice to meet you all,
            June

            --- In Yuricon@y..., "atheniag" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
            > I just wanted to take a moment out of my busy con-running schedule
            to welcome all the new members that have joined over the past few
            days.

            > We love people who delurk - so feel free to share your love of yuri
            and shoujoai with us!

          • Jared Stricof
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 10, 2002

              Hi June!!!

              Nice to meet you too!

              -Shannon

               june_leigh25 wrote:

              Hi!

              I just joined a few days ago and I wanted to say hi.  I'm a fan of
              shoujo-ai and yuri, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of it
              around...that's why I joined this group!  I also like shounen-ai and
              yaoi.  My favorite anime right now is Utena and my favorite couple is
              Utena and Anthy.  Since I've lost Willow and Tara so painfully in
              Buffy, I've been searching for more shoujo-ai/yuri couples in anime.

              Nice to meet you all,
              June

              Yahoo! - We Remember

            • Matt
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 10, 2002
                Hello everyone!

                My name is Matt, and my favorite couple is Mireille/Kirika of Noir.
                In fact, I run a Mailing List dedicated to them. Anyway, I also love
                Utena/Anthy. I like Yaoi/Shonenai also, though I don't really have
                any favorite Yaoi couple at the moment. I do hope too get to know
                everyone!

                Noir Shoujoai Discussion - general shoujoai discussion and
                Mireille/Kirika fandom
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Noir_Shoujoai_Discussion/
                Anim3.sys
                http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/animesys/
                Aestheticism
                http://www.aestheticism.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 11, 2002
                  >From: "Matt" <grahf835@...>

                  > Hello everyone!
                  >
                  > My name is Matt, and my favorite couple is Mireille/Kirika of Noir.
                  >In fact, I run a Mailing List dedicated to them. Anyway, I also love
                  >Utena/Anthy. I like Yaoi/Shonenai also, though I don't really have
                  >any favorite Yaoi couple at the moment. I do hope too get to know
                  >everyone!

                  Welcome, Matt!

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 11, 2002
                    >I just joined a few days ago and I wanted to say hi. I'm a fan of
                    >shoujo-ai and yuri, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of it
                    >around...that's why I joined this group! I also like shounen-ai and
                    >yaoi. My favorite anime right now is Utena and my favorite couple is
                    >Utena and Anthy. Since I've lost Willow and Tara so painfully in
                    >Buffy, I've been searching for more shoujo-ai/yuri couples in anime.

                    Hi June - Sorry I'm weighing in late with my welcome - but we're glad you've
                    joined us. :-)

                  • Cyndy
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 11, 2002
                      Eep!  I forgot to say hi, too!  I feel so bad now.  :(
                      Hi, June and Matt!  Sorry for the lack of hello, but I've been so angry 'cause I've been getting so much spam!  I've been deleting in a mad frenzy trying to keep up.

                      Word to the wise...NEVER unsubscribe from any spam ad thingy or you will get triple the mail...even from so called "trusted" well known companies.  Sheesh!

                      Oh...sorry.   Hi, again!  ^_^

                      Cyndy

                       june_leigh25 wrote:

                      Hi!

                      I just joined a few days ago and I wanted to say hi.  I'm a fan of
                      shoujo-ai and yuri, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of it
                      around...that's why I joined this group!  I also like shounen-ai and
                      yaoi.  My favorite anime right now is Utena and my favorite couple is
                      Utena and Anthy.  Since I've lost Willow and Tara so painfully in
                      Buffy, I've been searching for more shoujo-ai/yuri couples in anime.

                      Nice to meet you all,
                      June

                      Yahoo! - We Remember

                    • awill
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 11, 2002
                        Welcome June and Matt!

                        Byakko
                      • Jared Stricof

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 12, 2002
                            << I just joined a few days ago and I wanted to say hi. I'm a fan of
                            shoujo-ai and yuri, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of it
                            around...that's why I joined this group! I also like shounen-ai and
                            yaoi. My favorite anime right now is Utena and my favorite couple is
                            Utena and Anthy. Since I've lost Willow and Tara so painfully in
                            Buffy, I've been searching for more shoujo-ai/yuri couples in anime. >>

                            Glad you joined us June! I'm sure someone's mentioned The List to you by now
                            for finding more shoujoai and yuri goodness...so I'm not even going to
                            mention the fact that you can find it on the Yuricon website
                            (http://www.yuricon.org) because I'm positive you've already found it =^.^=

                            *does a little new member dance*

                            Kun
                            ----'-,-{@
                          • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 12, 2002
                              << My name is Matt, and my favorite couple is Mireille/Kirika of Noir.
                              In fact, I run a Mailing List dedicated to them. Anyway, I also love
                              Utena/Anthy. I like Yaoi/Shonenai also, though I don't really have
                              any favorite Yaoi couple at the moment. I do hope too get to know
                              everyone! >>

                              Hi Matt =^.^= You've taken the first step in your recovery ;p~~~

                              Glad to have you with us!

                              Kun
                              ----'-,-{@
                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 1, 2002
                                Since the effervescent Kun is currently away, let me be the one to welcome our newest memebers!

                                Don't be shy - step right up and say hello, introduce yourself, tell us about your fave yuri couple and be part of (in all honesty) one of the friendliest lists around. I'm not averse to busting heads to keep it friendly - but so far, it hasn't really been necessary.

                                As a friend of mine said, the Yuricon list is the least sucky group of people you'll ever meet online. :-)

                                Since there's been alot of new folks in the last few motnhs, I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Erica Friedman, and Yuricon is the product of a fit of pique I had one day. :-)

                                Between my own poor efforts, and the enormous dedication of my truly inspriring staff, we're going to be putting on a hell of a party next June, in Newark, so I hope you'll all make it!

                                In the meantime, hang out here, chitchat about the important things in life like, is there enough interaction between Nami and Bibi in One Piece to make *any* kind of case for a little yuri fun in their bedroom? (Actually, the answer's no, but it's fun to think about LOL)

                                I appear to be in need of caffiene, so I'll end this here with another Yuricon welcome - we're all looking forward to meeting you. And rememmber - "no lurkies!" :-)

                                Yuricon 2003 - http://www.yuricon.org/03/Home.htm
                              • Michael Treiber
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 1, 2002

                                  Ive actually been a member for quite a while, but I just realized that ive never posted. Dont want to be mistaken for a lurker ^_^. Anyhoo... not that any of you have ever heard of me, but Ive posted a few yuri fics on fanfiction.net as the author name princedarienofthewhitemoon ...pretty much my only claim to fame.

                                  The greatness that is Michael Treiber (well... in his head  anyway...) can be most fully explored at

                                  http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=39981

                                  Do you Yahoo!?
                                • Shannon J. L.
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 1, 2002
                                    Waves cheerfully. Didn't know you were on this list too! Small
                                    world...

                                    Shane :)

                                    --- In Yuricon@y..., Michael Treiber

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Oct 1, 2002

                                        True that! This is definately one of the nicest friendliest groups of people ever (and the least suckiest too). Ditto on the Hi to all the new people. Ditto on the need of caffeine part too.

                                        -Shannon

                                        BTW: before I go to bed, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any recommedations as to where to buy anime online, I finally have the money to start catching up with you all. (not really, but, ya gotta start somewhere)

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 10, 2002
                                          A month later...

                                          Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I'm sorry that I'm so late
                                          replying, but a bunch of stuff came up in real life. Plus, I'm used
                                          to being ignored in other mailing lists. You all are so friendly.

                                          June

                                          http://mobile.msn.com
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Oct 11, 2002
                                            >From: "june_leigh25" <june_leigh25@...>

                                            >Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I'm sorry that I'm so late
                                            >replying, but a bunch of stuff came up in real life. Plus, I'm used
                                            >to being ignored in other mailing lists. You all are so friendly.

                                            Creepy, isn't it? :-)

                                          • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Oct 15, 2002
                                              > Since the effervescent Kun is currently away, let me be the one to welcome our newest memebers!

                                              Yes, I would like to welcome everyone too! =^.^= Although I'll be staying away for a little while longer ;/ I'm currently in the middle of Kentucky with no internet connection. It's only by divine intervention that I'm able to come on tonight ;p

                                              So welcome to everyone that I haven't met yet...and I'll get around to a more personal welcome soon =^.^=

                                              *does a little welcome dance*

                                              > As a friend of mine said, the Yuricon list is the least sucky group of people you'll ever meet online. :-)

                                              Funny, I thought YOU said that ;p

                                              > Since there's been alot of new folks in the last few motnhs, I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Erica Friedman, and Yuricon is the product of a fit of pique I had one day. :-)

                                              There are drugs for that you know =^.^=

                                              > In the meantime, hang out here, chitchat about the important things in life like, is there enough interaction between Nami and Bibi in One Piece to make *any* kind of case for a little yuri fun in their bedroom? (Actually, the answer's no, but it's fun to think about LOL)

                                              It's time for a fanfic me thinks ;)

                                              > I appear to be in need of caffiene, so I'll end this here with another Yuricon welcome - we're all looking forward to meeting you. And rememmber - "no lurkies!" :-)

                                              That's right! No lurkies!! I may not be around to get onto to you but that doesn't mean I don't have spies ;)

                                              Kun
                                            • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Oct 15, 2002
                                                > Ive actually been a member for quite a while, but I just realized that ive never posted. Dont want to be mistaken for a lurker ^_^. Anyhoo... not that any of you have ever heard of me, but Ive posted a few yuri fics on fanfiction.net as the author name princedarienofthewhitemoon ...pretty much my only
                                                > claim to fame.

                                                Welcome back from lurkersville ;) And actually, you have posted before because I recognize the handle from some posts a long time ago =^.^=

                                                Unless there's another princedarienofthewhitemoon ;p

                                                Kun