Re: Huh?! O.o

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
      >From: Steven Perez <stp@...>

      > > (I am currently listening to an orchestrated and overdone rhapsody on
      > > "Battle Hymn of the Republic" which is doing weird things to my head.
      >lol)
      > >
      > The classical music trained part of my mind is saying:
      > "Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?" at the idea of this.

      Yeah, it was really hard to get past.

      I'm listening to my fave classical station at work over the Internet and
      we've had a wide variety of "what the hell is *that*?" today. Just made it
      through a discordant and horrendous thingy of "America, the Beautiful." I
      think whoever programs the internet broadcast is a sadistic bastard and I
      want his job. :-)

    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
        > From: "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
        > Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:09:59 -0400
        > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Huh?! O.o
        >
        >> From: Steven Perez <stp@...>
        >
        >>> (I am currently listening to an orchestrated and overdone rhapsody on
        >>> "Battle Hymn of the Republic" which is doing weird things to my head.
        >> lol)
        >>>
        >> The classical music trained part of my mind is saying:
        >> "Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?" at the idea of this.
        >
        > Yeah, it was really hard to get past.
        >
        > I'm listening to my fave classical station at work over the Internet and
        > we've had a wide variety of "what the hell is *that*?" today. Just made it
        > through a discordant and horrendous thingy of "America, the Beautiful." I
        > think whoever programs the internet broadcast is a sadistic bastard and I
        > want his job. :-)

        This is a weird, almost non-sequitir question, but I've started getting
        into classical music in the last several years, and I've been wondering if
        anyone else bangs their head when listening to certain pieces? I was taught
        at an early age to find the beat in any piece of music, and certain tempos
        just get my head going up and down. It used to be just hard rock and heavy
        metal, but, as my tastes have expanded, it started happening in jazz and
        classical too. I don't know, it could be just me, I suppose.

        --= =--
        Chalcahuite
      • Steven Perez
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
          On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Erica Friedman wrote:

          > >From: Steven Perez <stp@...>
          >
          > > > (I am currently listening to an orchestrated and overdone rhapsody on
          > > > "Battle Hymn of the Republic" which is doing weird things to my head.
          > >lol)
          > > >
          > > The classical music trained part of my mind is saying:
          > > "Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?" at the idea of this.
          >
          > Yeah, it was really hard to get past.

          Get past, my ass. I would've ran screaming from it.

          > I'm listening to my fave classical station at work over the Internet and
          > we've had a wide variety of "what the hell is *that*?" today. Just made it
          > through a discordant and horrendous thingy of "America, the Beautiful." I
          > think whoever programs the internet broadcast is a sadistic bastard and I
          > want his job. :-)

          -_-;;;;;

          I get the feeling you'd be 'Dr. Demento'-ish.
          (Not like that's a bad thing, mind you.)

          Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
          Lover of Males and Females, and quite Kinky to boot! :D @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,
          N.O.V.A - Northern Oregon/Vancouver Anime stp@...
        • Steven Perez
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
            On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Chalcahuite wrote:

            > This is a weird, almost non-sequitir question, but I've started getting
            > into classical music in the last several years, and I've been wondering if
            > anyone else bangs their head when listening to certain pieces? I was taught
            > at an early age to find the beat in any piece of music, and certain tempos
            > just get my head going up and down. It used to be just hard rock and heavy
            > metal, but, as my tastes have expanded, it started happening in jazz and
            > classical too. I don't know, it could be just me, I suppose.

            Bang head, no. I do tap my foot with classical, though.

            But why worry about it?
            Beat is beat, tempo is tempo. If 'head banging' is how you
            get your feel for the rhythm, it's how you do it.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
              > Bang head, no. I do tap my foot with classical, though.
              >
              > But why worry about it?
              > Beat is beat, tempo is tempo. If 'head banging' is how you
              > get your feel for the rhythm, it's how you do it.

              I'm not worried about it, just curious to see if anyone else did it.

              --= =--
              Chalcahuite
            • Zephyr Sky
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002

                i headbang to almost every classical song. in strings class it didn't go over very well... but it's a habit that won't die ^_^ the funnest is when you're walking downtown listening to classical music on your walkman, headbanging, when some brave soul comes up to you and asks what you're listening to. i just hand them the earphones... the stunned shock is far too amusing ^_^

                -Zeph ^_^
                >>> (I am currently listening to an orchestrated and overdone rhapsody on
                >>> "Battle Hymn of the Republic" which is doing weird things to my head.
                >> lol)
                >>>
                >> The classical music trained part of my mind is saying:
                >> "Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?" at the idea of this.
                >
                > Yeah, it was really hard to get past.
                >
                > I'm listening to my fave classical station at work over the Internet and
                > we've had a wide variety of "what the hell is *that*?" today. Just made it
                > through a discordant and horrendous thingy of "America, the Beautiful." I
                > think whoever programs the internet broadcast is a sadistic bastard and I
                > want his job. :-)

                This is a weird, almost non-sequitir question, but I've started getting
                into classical music in the last several years, and I've been wondering if
                anyone else bangs their head when listening to certain pieces? I was taught
                at an early age to find the beat in any piece of music, and certain tempos
                just get my head going up and down. It used to be just hard rock and heavy
                metal, but, as my tastes have expanded, it started happening in jazz and
                classical too. I don't know, it could be just me, I suppose.
                --= =--
                Chalcahuite
                Access Your PC from Anywhere - Free Trial
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/o5uw2C/0ncEAA/Ey.GAA/cGIolB/TM
              • Steven Perez
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2002
                  On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Chalcahuite wrote:
                  > > Bang head, no. I do tap my foot with classical, though.
                  > >
                  > > But why worry about it?
                  > > Beat is beat, tempo is tempo. If 'head banging' is how you
                  > > get your feel for the rhythm, it's how you do it.
                  > >
                  > I'm not worried about it, just curious to see if anyone else did it.

                  Okay, cool.

                  This moment of useless advice brought to you by Steven Perez. >.<;;;