Re: [Yuricon] Yuricon site update!

  • Menagi-chan
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1 6:14 PM
      From: "atheniag" <e.l.f.@...>
      To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 8:56 PM
      Subject: [Yuricon] Yuricon site update!

      > New Guests! New workshops, panels and demos! New "nite Owl" programming
      and the rules for the 2003 Fanfic contest are updated!

      > http://www.yuricon.org/03/Home.htm

      I would like to say on behalf of all insomniacs---THANK YOU ERICA! *laughs*
      One of the biggest things at Expo was the fact that I (and many of my
      friends) would get so *WIRED* but could not SLEEP. What do you do at 2am?
      BESIDES annoy the hotel staff?

      You just gave us the answer. *bows* Now _that_ is cool.

      Oh, and I'm attempting to bring my "posse" with me to Yuricon. *snickers*
      Be afraid. Be very afraid.

      Patti
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2 6:20 AM
        >From: "Menagi-chan" <Menagi_chan@...>

        >I would like to say on behalf of all insomniacs---THANK YOU ERICA! *laughs*
        >One of the biggest things at Expo was the fact that I (and many of my
        >friends) would get so *WIRED* but could not SLEEP. What do you do at 2am?
        >BESIDES annoy the hotel staff?

        I know - I'm ususally one of those people (at Expo I was running 10AM
        panels, which was cruel, let me tell you...) so i end up wandering around,
        bored out of my *mind!*

        I know I'll be up late at Yuricon...and I figured at least a few others
        would. When Sephiroth offered to do an overnight demo/workshop, it all
        gelled into the "Nite Owl" programming schedule. We'll have vids for us
        walking half-dead, an awards program (thanks Chalcuhuite! for the idea) and
        a cafe in ConSuite to chill and talk - along with other demos/workshops if
        people step forward. I think it could be really fun. Most cons have nothing
        but hentai playiung them and I get bored of the grunting. :-)

        >Oh, and I'm attempting to bring my "posse" with me to Yuricon. *snickers*
        >Be afraid. Be very afraid.

        I'd love to meet them! Bring 'em along!

      • Kathryn Williams
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2 9:33 AM
          I got an Idea! We should set up Steve and myself in tht room for his usual
          late night body art section that he does every year. This year at AN it went
          from 11 pm until 5 am in which I couldn't focus on drawing on people anymore
          so tried to sleep for a little while. I was wondering if Rica has ever
          sketched on people as part of a con? It is interesting and I was thinking of
          getting us all going this year instead of just Steve and myself. What do you
          think?

          jaa ne

          Kat

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2 9:45 AM
            >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

            >I got an Idea! We should set up Steve and myself in tht room for his usual
            >late night body art section that he does every year. This year at AN it
            >went
            >from 11 pm until 5 am in which I couldn't focus on drawing on people
            >anymore
            >so tried to sleep for a little while. I was wondering if Rica has ever
            >sketched on people as part of a con? It is interesting and I was thinking
            >of
            >getting us all going this year instead of just Steve and myself. What do
            >you
            >think?

            I think we couldn't really *schedule* something like that, but you could
            always go over to the Nite Owl Cafe and start in on people. :-)

          • Kathryn Williams
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2 10:46 AM
              That is more what I was thinking.. not really having it scheduled but having
              a place that we could sit and do that is a great idea itself >^_^<

              jaa

              Kat

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2 10:58 AM
                >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                >That is more what I was thinking.. not really having it scheduled but
                >having
                >a place that we could sit and do that is a great idea itself >^_^<

                Let's think of it as an "unofficial" event. :-)

                (I am currently listening to an orchestrated and overdone rhapsody on
                "Battle Hymn of the Republic" which is doing weird things to my head. lol)

              • Steven Perez
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2 12:32 PM
                  On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Erica Friedman wrote:
                  > >From: "Menagi-chan" <Menagi_chan@...>
                  >
                  > >I would like to say on behalf of all insomniacs---THANK YOU ERICA! *laughs*
                  > >One of the biggest things at Expo was the fact that I (and many of my
                  > >friends) would get so *WIRED* but could not SLEEP. What do you do at 2am?
                  > >BESIDES annoy the hotel staff?
                  >
                  > I know - I'm ususally one of those people (at Expo I was running 10AM
                  > panels, which was cruel, let me tell you...) so i end up wandering around,
                  > bored out of my *mind!*
                  >
                  > I know I'll be up late at Yuricon...and I figured at least a few others
                  > would.

                  Yep.
                  And late night hall patrol can get boring enough to put
                  the toughest amazon to sleep at AX.

                  When Sephiroth offered to do an overnight demo/workshop, it all
                  > gelled into the "Nite Owl" programming schedule. We'll have vids for us
                  > walking half-dead, an awards program (thanks Chalcuhuite! for the idea) and
                  > a cafe in ConSuite to chill and talk - along with other demos/workshops if
                  > people step forward. I think it could be really fun.

                  Wow. This'll be totally great! *grin*

                  > Most cons have nothing
                  > but hentai playiung them and I get bored of the grunting. :-)

                  And, sorry for being crude but, it's much more fun for one to be
                  doing the grunting, anyways. :D

                  Steven Perez AKA Sabre Kamen and Bishounen Hunter S @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,-'-,
                  Lover of Males and Females, and quite Kinky to boot! :D @}|--'--,-`-,-`-,
                  N.O.V.A - Northern Oregon/Vancouver Anime stp@...
                • Steven Perez
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2 12:51 PM
                    On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Erica Friedman wrote:
                    [...edit...]

                    > (I am currently listening to an orchestrated and overdone rhapsody on
                    > "Battle Hymn of the Republic" which is doing weird things to my head. lol)

                    The classical music trained part of my mind is saying:
                    "Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?" at the idea of this.

                    If I flex my mind's ear I can almost hear it, and it sounds
                    too damn weird. o.O;;;;;

                  • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2 2:54 PM
                      << I got an Idea! We should set up Steve and myself in tht room for his usual
                      late night body art section that he does every year. This year at AN it went
                      from 11 pm until 5 am in which I couldn't focus on drawing on people anymore
                      so tried to sleep for a little while. I was wondering if Rica has ever
                      sketched on people as part of a con? It is interesting and I was thinking of
                      getting us all going this year instead of just Steve and myself. What do you
                      think? >>

                      I think Rica can draw on me anytime she wants =^.^=

                      Kun
                      ----'-,-{@
                      *does a little canvas dance*
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 2 7:03 PM
                        >From: Trixterpriest@...

                        >I think Rica can draw on me anytime she wants =^.^=

                        <boggle> I'm going to make sure she sees this post. *eg*

                        Anyway, you already drew her naked, so she owes you. <smirk>

                      • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 3 7:33 AM
                          << >I think Rica can draw on me anytime she wants =^.^=

                          << <boggle> I'm going to make sure she sees this post. *eg*

                          o.0~

                          << Anyway, you already drew her naked, so she owes you. <smirk> >>

                          Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that =^.^= Such a cute NekoRica....one of my
                          best ;)
                          Now I want to find the scan I did of it....

                          *does a little searching dance*

                          Kun