Re: American Newtype question

  • borg9of9235
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In Yuricon@y..., Lotus-chan <indigo_veil@y...> wrote:

      > 8< snip snip >8
      >
      > > but the content is the same
      > > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of
      >
      > Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
      > that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
      > issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
      > if they're already doing write ups on anime series
      > that haven't been released here yet...

      Actually, I don't think so. They own the rights to the newtype
      material, but the included manga are owned by the creator/publisher
      and would require seperate rights. Also, some of the stuff in the US
      version of Newtype is original, but a lot is translated from the
      japanese version.

      kage-kun
      "ookami wa ookami"
    • Lotus-chan
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
        8< snip snip >8

        > material, but the included manga are owned by the
        > creator/publisher
        > and would require seperate rights.

        Coo'. that's what I thought too, so I decided to ask
        to see if anyone on the ML knows for sure. ^^;;
        Thanks for the response--now I just have to decide if
        I need two subscriptions to the same magazine...

        Christina

        http://health.yahoo.com