American Newtype question

  • Lotus-chan
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
      8< snip snip >8

      > but the content is the same
      > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of

      Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
      that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
      issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
      if they're already doing write ups on anime series
      that haven't been released here yet...

      Thanks! ^_^

      -me

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • borg9of9235
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- In Yuricon@y..., Lotus-chan <indigo_veil@y...> wrote:

        > 8< snip snip >8
        >
        > > but the content is the same
        > > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of
        >
        > Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
        > that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
        > issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
        > if they're already doing write ups on anime series
        > that haven't been released here yet...

        Actually, I don't think so. They own the rights to the newtype
        material, but the included manga are owned by the creator/publisher
        and would require seperate rights. Also, some of the stuff in the US
        version of Newtype is original, but a lot is translated from the
        japanese version.

        kage-kun
        "ookami wa ookami"
      • Lotus-chan
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
          8< snip snip >8

          > material, but the included manga are owned by the
          > creator/publisher
          > and would require seperate rights.

          Coo'. that's what I thought too, so I decided to ask
          to see if anyone on the ML knows for sure. ^^;;
          Thanks for the response--now I just have to decide if
          I need two subscriptions to the same magazine...

          Christina

          http://health.yahoo.com