Re: [Yuricon] Re: Noir yuri site of the day

  • Sephiroth
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002

      I don't know if it is a translation, necessarily, most of the articles and
      reviews have distinctively non-Japanese bylines.  I'll have to look at it
      again when I get home, but I do remember thinking that the content was
      specifically geared for English speaking readers. Most of the reviews were
      for anime that has either been released here or is going to be released
      here, and there were articles that seemed to try and explain aspects of
      Japanese culture, like Sumo wrestling.

      Yes - they would rewrite the titels and things - but the content is the same
      content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of course they would not do a
      word-for-word transaltion or it would read funny. :-)

      Then you'd have a reply like this for the topic..
      What you say. Distrubing is it. Person act Children like. Delete topic, Utena topic, chages lot love Touga to Anthy. Delete topic, Writer of artical topic, fool he is. Done my comment it.

    • Lotus-chan
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
        8< snip snip >8

        > but the content is the same
        > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of

        Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
        that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
        issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
        if they're already doing write ups on anime series
        that haven't been released here yet...

        Thanks! ^_^

        -me

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • borg9of9235
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
          --- In Yuricon@y..., Lotus-chan <indigo_veil@y...> wrote:

          > 8< snip snip >8
          >
          > > but the content is the same
          > > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of
          >
          > Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
          > that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
          > issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
          > if they're already doing write ups on anime series
          > that haven't been released here yet...

          Actually, I don't think so. They own the rights to the newtype
          material, but the included manga are owned by the creator/publisher
          and would require seperate rights. Also, some of the stuff in the US
          version of Newtype is original, but a lot is translated from the
          japanese version.

          kage-kun
          "ookami wa ookami"
        • Lotus-chan
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 1, 2002
            8< snip snip >8

            > material, but the included manga are owned by the
            > creator/publisher
            > and would require seperate rights.

            Coo'. that's what I thought too, so I decided to ask
            to see if anyone on the ML knows for sure. ^^;;
            Thanks for the response--now I just have to decide if
            I need two subscriptions to the same magazine...

            Christina

            http://health.yahoo.com