Re: [Yuricon] Re: Noir yuri site of the day

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 1 11:55 AM
      > From: "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
      > Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:21:51 -0400
      > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Noir yuri site of the day
      >
      >> From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >
      >> Yeah, that sounds like wishful thinking. I suppose when Ikuhara continues
      >> say that he doesn't want to offer his intent and leave it for the fans to
      >> interpret, that leaves the door open for all sorts of opinions, regardless
      >> of whether they can be supported or not.
      >
      > Which flies in the face of the schedule of about 6 Gay and lesbian Film
      > Festiuvals he's shopping the movie at and the comments he's making about it
      > being about two women coming to terms with tier relationship. :-)

      Well, I guess he isn't continuing to say that now, is he? Maybe I should pay
      more attention to what's being said. I'll shut up now.

      --= =--
      Chalcahuite
    • Sephiroth
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 1 11:59 AM

        I don't know if it is a translation, necessarily, most of the articles and
        reviews have distinctively non-Japanese bylines.  I'll have to look at it
        again when I get home, but I do remember thinking that the content was
        specifically geared for English speaking readers. Most of the reviews were
        for anime that has either been released here or is going to be released
        here, and there were articles that seemed to try and explain aspects of
        Japanese culture, like Sumo wrestling.

        Yes - they would rewrite the titels and things - but the content is the same
        content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of course they would not do a
        word-for-word transaltion or it would read funny. :-)

        Then you'd have a reply like this for the topic..
        What you say. Distrubing is it. Person act Children like. Delete topic, Utena topic, chages lot love Touga to Anthy. Delete topic, Writer of artical topic, fool he is. Done my comment it.

      • Lotus-chan
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 1 2:28 PM
          8< snip snip >8

          > but the content is the same
          > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of

          Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
          that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
          issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
          if they're already doing write ups on anime series
          that haven't been released here yet...

          Thanks! ^_^

          -me

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • borg9of9235
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 1 2:49 PM
            --- In Yuricon@y..., Lotus-chan <indigo_veil@y...> wrote:

            > 8< snip snip >8
            >
            > > but the content is the same
            > > >content - articles on the same anime, etc. Of
            >
            > Sorry if this is redundant, but...is it safe to assume
            > that they'll also be printing the same mangas in the
            > issues that the Japanese one prints? I'm guessing so,
            > if they're already doing write ups on anime series
            > that haven't been released here yet...

            Actually, I don't think so. They own the rights to the newtype
            material, but the included manga are owned by the creator/publisher
            and would require seperate rights. Also, some of the stuff in the US
            version of Newtype is original, but a lot is translated from the
            japanese version.

            kage-kun
            "ookami wa ookami"
          • Lotus-chan
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 1 3:03 PM
              8< snip snip >8

              > material, but the included manga are owned by the
              > creator/publisher
              > and would require seperate rights.

              Coo'. that's what I thought too, so I decided to ask
              to see if anyone on the ML knows for sure. ^^;;
              Thanks for the response--now I just have to decide if
              I need two subscriptions to the same magazine...

              Christina

              http://health.yahoo.com