Yuri-related things from Otakon

  • Sean Gaffney
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2002
      Various random gibberings:

      Talked to two fangirls while walking past the line for pre-reg. They
      were very excited to see me till they found out I wrote yuri, after
      which they totally lost interest. Since I'm so used to Yuricon
      people being really happy about f/f, this was a nice refreshing
      change. :-D

      The panel went well, and I mentioned the amusing FFNet review I'd
      read, saying that "Girls can't have sex, so your fic is simply
      incorrect." I talked too much, but this is not entirely surprising
      to anyone anymore. John also talked too much, so that was OK.

      Steel Angel Kurumi is a lot of cute fun, with many ecchi yuri gags.
      Saki is an obvious Tomoyo (i.e. not going to get anywhere), but her
      raging hormones are very amusing. I also love the Haruka and Michiru
      parody following everyone, and one Ep on the 2nd DVD has the funniest
      thing I've seen in anime in quite some time (it involves dojinshi).

      Flashback, as I mentioned earlier, is a really irritating hentai
      series where 3 girls are given the usual ecchi shock therapy, realize
      they love each other through the power of sex, and then are
      brainwashed more and sold as slaves on the black market. It got me
      so annoyed I'm debating writing a fic to fix it, except it's hentai
      so I don't know if I care enough. I should probably work on fics
      that are actually important first. ^^;; Thank God I didn't pay
      money for it, that's all I can say.

      I noticed something. All the hentai anime shown at Otakon was yaoi
      this year. ALL of it. Not even het anime. I think Yaoi has really
      hit a boom.

      Purchases for Sean:

      Noir - Blanc dans Noir CD
      Noir - Trading Cards (box of 15 packs)
      Noir - Kirika keychain
      Noir - Mireille keychain
      Utena/Evangelion - Hentai Doujinshi
      Read or Die - Manga 2 and 3
      GTO - Manga 25 (Japanese)
      Assembler OX - Manga 1
      Steel Angel Kurumi - DVD 2
      Card Captor Sakura - DVD 5
      Mr. Show - The complete First and Second Seasons (not at the con,
      but wtf)

      And I talked to an Artist Alley artist named Sue-chan and will be
      sending her some galleries to look over, so she can draw me two pics:
      Yomiko/Nancy and Kirika/Mireille/Chloe.

      Busy con, but hella fun. OPEN! CLOSE! DISC LOADING!

      --SG