Okay...so, anyone heard of "Countdown"?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
      Found a slightly used art book of an animation called "Countdown" at Otakon.

      It's got five stories, all of which are massively explicitly hentai, the
      first three of which are hugely to mostly yuri. All the girls have
      inexplicable invisible penises, but since they are undoubtedly women and
      frankly, I could care less since it's just a guy-porn-thing anyway, it's
      pretty much the hardest hardcore yuri thing I've seen on a long while.

      Anyone seen this travesty? I'd like to watch it. :-)

      I'm torn between auctioning off this artbook, or just keeping it. LOL

    • Cyndy
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
        Yep!  Seen it and enjoyed it!  There are two versions out on VHS...well at least there were, I bought the first one years ago.  But one is called "Countdown" and I think the second is called "Countdown: Sexbombs"  I liked it though it was a bit...uhh odd toward the middle. A stepmother, a step-son and let's call it a threesome with another person thrown in there (I could have done without the family love-in myself...marred a perfectly good thing :( ). There is one episode and a short on the first tape.

        You should find it if you can!

        Cyndy

        Anyone seen this travesty? I'd like to watch it. :-)

        I'm torn between auctioning off this artbook, or just keeping it. LOL

      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
          Oh yeah, I've seen this before. I think Mangerotica puts out the English
          translations of the manga. And I think Anime 18 put out the anime. Though
          I'm not entirely sure about the US distribution of either. I do know that
          they are definitely something you can buy here in the States.

          --= =--
          Chalcahuite

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
            >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
            >Oh yeah, I've seen this before. I think Mangerotica puts out the English
            >translations of the manga. And I think Anime 18 put out the anime. Though
            >I'm not entirely sure about the US distribution of either. I do know that
            >they are definitely something you can buy here in the States.

            Cool - I'll take a look for it - thanks Chal and Cyndy!

          • borg9of9235
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
              >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@i...>
              >Oh yeah, I've seen this before. I think Mangerotica puts out the English
              >translations of the manga. And I think Anime 18 put out the anime.
              Though
              >I'm not entirely sure about the US distribution of either. I do know that
              >they are definitely something you can buy here in the States.

              Actually, I think I've seen the cels for this on ebay before, and I
              think you can find the manga scans on a few net archives. Since we're
              already speaking of hentai, I just thought I'd point out that F3 is
              finally coming out on DVD in August(I think) I'm hoping it has all 3
              eps on it but I haven't found anything that says one way or the other.

              Oh, and for those going to Yaoicon, I'm bringing 2500 pixie sticks. ^.^
              (For reference, I only brought about 450 to AX)

              kage-kun *who just had her 5th pixie stick for the day, at work*
              "ookami wa ookami"
            • Carmen DiProspero
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
                --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:
                > Oh yeah, I've seen this before. I think Mangerotica
                > puts out the English
                > translations of the manga. And I think Anime 18 put
                > out the anime. Though

                I have to correct you on that one. Actually, Soft Cel
                Pictures (the adult/hentai label of ADV Films - are
                they still around?) released all 3 Countdown series:
                Countdown; Countdown Continued; and Countdown-Akira. I
                know because I have the first two releases (Uncut -
                the best kind) which I had autographed back at
                Katsucon 2000 by its creator, Hiroyuki Utatane (and
                got 2 nice sketches from him and 2 nice sketches from
                his wife as well - I forgot her name now. Can anyone
                help me elaborate on this, please?). - Carmen ^_^
                (Otakon had some great cosplayers!)

                > I'm not entirely sure about the US distribution of
                > either. I do know that
                > they are definitely something you can buy here in
                > the States.
                >
                > --= =--
                > Chalcahuite
                >

                > > From: Cyndy <cyndy01@...>
                > > Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:06:12 -0500
                > > To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > > Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Okay...so, anyone heard of
                > "Countdown"?
                > >
                > > Yep! Seen it and enjoyed it! There are two
                > versions out on VHS...well at
                > > least there were, I bought the first one years
                > ago. But one is called
                > > "Countdown" and I think the second is called
                > "Countdown: Sexbombs" I liked it
                > > though it was a bit...uhh odd toward the middle. A
                > stepmother, a step-son and
                > > let's call it a threesome with another person
                > thrown in there (I could have
                > > done without the family love-in myself...marred a
                > perfectly good thing :( ).
                > > There is one episode and a short on the first
                > tape.
                > >
                > > You should find it if you can!
                > >
                > > Cyndy
                > >

                > > Anyone seen this travesty? I'd like to watch it.
                > :-)
                > >
                > > I'm torn between auctioning off this artbook, or
                > just keeping it. LOL
                > >
                > > Cheers,
                > >
                > > Erica

                http://health.yahoo.com
              • Carmen DiProspero
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
                  --- Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
                  > Found a slightly used art book of an animation
                  > called "Countdown" at Otakon.
                  >
                  > It's got five stories, all of which are massively
                  > explicitly hentai, the
                  > first three of which are hugely to mostly yuri. All
                  > the girls have
                  > inexplicable invisible penises, but since they are
                  > undoubtedly women and
                  > frankly, I could care less since it's just a
                  > guy-porn-thing anyway, it's
                  > pretty much the hardest hardcore yuri thing I've
                  > seen on a long while.
                  >
                  > Anyone seen this travesty? I'd like to watch it. :-)

                  I have seen the first 2 Countdown installments
                  released by Soft Cel. It had its humorous moments a
                  few times and I thought it was pretty well animated
                  for a hentai. I didn't see Countdown:Akira, however.

                  > I'm torn between auctioning off this artbook, or
                  > just keeping it. LOL

                  Personally, I would keep it if for the nice artwork.
                  Who knows, maybe you may catch Mr. Utatane at another
                  con and get it autographed (but then, this is me). -
                  Carmen ^_^ (Great to formally meet you and I didn't
                  have to gopher at Otakon!).

                  > Yuricon 2002 - "For real women who like their
                  > women...animated."
                  > http://www.yuricon.org

                  > The Fanfic Revolution -
                  > http://www.fanficrevolution.org
                  >
                  > Because fanfic does not have to suck

                  http://health.yahoo.com
                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
                    Cool, I wasn't sure. I thought ADV had a hand in that, but I couldn't
                    remember for the life of me what that division was called. Well, their
                    website at www.softcelpics.com hasn't been updated since April 2000, but if
                    they were really defunct wouldn't the website have been pulled? I sent an
                    inquiring email, and it hasn't bounced back as of this posting. ADV doesn't
                    have their catalog, maybe somebody else purchased it.

                    --= =--
                    Chalcahuite

                  • Johann Chua
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
                      At 05:37 PM 07/29/2002 -0700, Carmen DiProspero wrote:

                      >I have the first two releases (Uncut -
                      >the best kind) which I had autographed back at
                      >Katsucon 2000 by its creator, Hiroyuki Utatane (and
                      >got 2 nice sketches from him and 2 nice sketches from
                      >his wife as well - I forgot her name now. Can anyone
                      >help me elaborate on this, please?). - Carmen ^_^

                      Ryo Ramiya. She also does H doujinshi and manga.

                      >(Otakon had some great cosplayers!)

                      Got some good pics?
                    • Carmen DiProspero
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
                        --- Johann Chua <cjchua@...> wrote:
                        > At 05:37 PM 07/29/2002 -0700, Carmen DiProspero
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > >I have the first two releases (Uncut -
                        > >the best kind) which I had autographed back at
                        > >Katsucon 2000 by its creator, Hiroyuki Utatane (and
                        > >got 2 nice sketches from him and 2 nice sketches
                        > from
                        > >his wife as well - I forgot her name now. Can
                        > anyone
                        > >help me elaborate on this, please?). - Carmen ^_^
                        >
                        > Ryo Ramiya. She also does H doujinshi and manga.

                        Thanks. I don't know why I keep forgetting that. She's
                        really a nice lady and very talented.

                        > >(Otakon had some great cosplayers!)
                        >
                        > Got some good pics?

                        Yes, I did take many. I hoping to have them up on my
                        site in a couple weeks. I just have to get my prints
                        back and have them on photo-CD's and do my Microsoft
                        Picture-It! magic and then upload them on...whew! They
                        were some really nice costumes, some "revealing", some
                        detailed....can't wait to share them with all of you!!
                        - Carmen ^_^
                        > --
                        > Johann Chua -- HP:
                        > http://www.geocities.com/fuuma_1999/
                        > "Does anything last forever? Does love? Does pain?
                        > I'll
                        > tell you when I'm a thousand years old." Karen
                        > Kunawicz

                        http://health.yahoo.com
                      • Johann Chua
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 29, 2002
                          At 08:43 PM 07/29/2002 -0000, borg9of9235 wrote:
                          >Actually, I think I've seen the cels for this on ebay before, and I
                          >think you can find the manga scans on a few net archives. Since we're

                          The only undeniably yuri bits are in the manga: one scene in "N'est Ce
                          Pas?" (not too explicit, though) and "Blue" (there's a brief het sex scene,
                          but it doesn't involve either of the main girls). They're in issue six of
                          _Countdown: Sexbombs_.
                        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
                            << It's got five stories, all of which are massively explicitly hentai, the
                            first three of which are hugely to mostly yuri. All the girls have
                            inexplicable invisible penises, but since they are undoubtedly women and
                            frankly, I could care less since it's just a guy-porn-thing anyway, it's
                            pretty much the hardest hardcore yuri thing I've seen on a long while.

                            Anyone seen this travesty? I'd like to watch it. :-)

                            I'm torn between auctioning off this artbook, or just keeping it. LOL >>

                            You know you want to keep it ;p I think it's on my Streamload account....in
                            the Hentai section ;)

                            Kun