Shoujocon fun

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002
      Well, we had a blast and I completely don't remember anything except Sunday when we weren't actually there. LOL

      Friday and Saturday, I had the pleasure of escorting our Guest of Honor Rica Takashima and her friend through their first American con. It was interesting watching it through their eyes. Since Rica's an artist, her purchases were mostly original comics by various artists - she's such a friendly nice person, she makes me feel like a clod. LOL

      We sat in on a doujinshi panel, we had a discussion about yuri/shoujoai anime, manga, games, fiction and where to go in the area to get it all.

      We didn't get to see the cosplay, because it ran late and the discussion group ran during it.

      We did make friends with lots of artists and vendors.

      We ate an incredible amount of very awful food.

      On Sunday, Pattie and I took Rica and her friend to the Jersey shore and those of you who have never been can have absolutely NO idea of what that entails. LOL It's a live-action acid trip starring the schlubs and working joes of New Jersey - flab, tattoos and all. I love it. For a Shore moment, sniff simultaneously coconut suntan lotion, frying any and everything, sausages, pizza, ice cream, cotton candy, strong ocean-scented salt in the air and hot tar.

      It was way fun. I'm tired. :-)

      This weekend Otakon - I might have a friend of mine along with me who has never been...so remember to be screaming fangirls when you see me so she's impressed. LOL

    • Carmen DiProspero
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002
        --- atheniag <e.l.f.@...> wrote:
        > Well, we had a blast and I completely don't remember
        > anything except Sunday when we weren't actually
        > there. LOL
        >
        > Friday and Saturday, I had the pleasure of escorting
        > our Guest of Honor Rica Takashima and her friend
        > through their first American con. It was interesting
        > watching it through their eyes. Since Rica's an
        > artist, her purchases were mostly original comics by
        > various artists - she's such a friendly nice person,
        > she makes me feel like a clod. LOL
        >
        > We sat in on a doujinshi panel, we had a discussion
        > about yuri/shoujoai anime, manga, games, fiction and
        > where to go in the area to get it all.
        >
        > We didn't get to see the cosplay, because it ran
        > late and the discussion group ran during it.
        >
        > We did make friends with lots of artists and
        > vendors.
        >
        > We ate an incredible amount of very awful food.
        >
        > On Sunday, Pattie and I took Rica and her friend to
        > the Jersey shore and those of you who have never
        > been can have absolutely NO idea of what that
        > entails. LOL It's a live-action acid trip starring
        > the schlubs and working joes of New Jersey - flab,
        > tattoos and all. I love it. For a Shore moment,
        > sniff simultaneously coconut suntan lotion, frying
        > any and everything, sausages, pizza, ice cream,
        > cotton candy, strong ocean-scented salt in the air
        > and hot tar.
        >
        > It was way fun. I'm tired. :-)
        >
        > This weekend Otakon - I might have a friend of mine
        > along with me who has never been...so remember to be
        > screaming fangirls when you see me so she's
        > impressed. LOL

        Does that include fanboys as well? I DO want to
        finally formally introduce myself since i won't be
        running around crazy when I gophered at Katsucon, I
        will be just a con attendee at Otakon taking great
        photos for Cospix! - Carmen ^_^ (T minus 4!!)

        http://health.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2002
          --- In Yuricon@y..., Carmen DiProspero <cjd207@y...> wrote:

          > Does that include fanboys as well? I DO want to
          > finally formally introduce myself since i won't be
          > running around crazy when I gophered at Katsucon, I
          > will be just a con attendee at Otakon taking great
          > photos for Cospix! - Carmen ^_^ (T minus 4!!)

          Sure thing! :-)