Yuricon and smoking

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9 7:40 AM
      >From: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com

      >I think that covers it. Oh and Erica, I have a question for you:
      >At the Yuricon party you made a comment about most members don't
      >smoke. Just out of curiousity, what are the laws regarding smoking at
      >Yuricon? I know Cal has the 15ft rule, but what about NY and NJ?

      It's not Yuricon's call - it's the state and the hotel. There is no smoking
      in public areas. Smoking must be kepot to smoking rooms, and designated
      outside areas. You can ask the hotel.

      And we do have this listed in our Con Policies, too...for other questions
      about Con policies, you can visit them at
      http://www.yuricon.org/03/Policies.htm

    • Natalie Slaughter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9 11:35 AM
        > It's not Yuricon's call - it's the state and the hotel. There is no
        smoking
        > in public areas. Smoking must be kepot to smoking rooms, and designated
        > outside areas. You can ask the hotel.

        *whew!* Gods bless NJ and NY state laws. Here in Texas you can smoke
        wherever the hell you want, and it drives me insane. I almost died in the
        Akon hotel lobby, where everyone was smoking and conveniently where Duel
        Jewel was doing autographs. >.<;

        *waves her no-smoking-in-public-places banner* I've decided I need to move
        either up there, or to Cali... same laws there, if I recall. ;p

        Shiraishi Mayumi