London Pride!

  • Lucy Kennedy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hey, kittens, London Pride is next Saturday, the 6th. I am
      in a bit of a bind right now, and not sure if I can go, but
      I was wondering if anyone else here is UK-based and planning
      on attending either the March or the Festival? If I do
      manage to make it (stupidly double-booked myself without
      realising) should I sort out a Yuricon banner and/or flyers?
      If yes, maybe Kat could tell me about the banner she
      produced? :)

      Lucy, who really REALLY really wants to go to this, and
      would love to publicise Yuricon on this side of the pond.
      --
      Lucy Kennedy * New College, Oxford
      http://users.ox.ac.uk/~newc1248/ - evolving home site
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
        >From: Lucy Kennedy <lucy.kennedy@...>

        >Hey, kittens, London Pride is next Saturday, the 6th. I am
        >in a bit of a bind right now, and not sure if I can go, but
        >I was wondering if anyone else here is UK-based and planning
        >on attending either the March or the Festival? If I do
        >manage to make it (stupidly double-booked myself without
        >realising) should I sort out a Yuricon banner and/or flyers?
        >If yes, maybe Kat could tell me about the banner she
        >produced? :)

        How convenient for you - there happen to be several versions of a Yuricon
        flyer uploaded to the "Files" sdection of the Y!group. :-)

        If you have Photoshop, they are easily customizable. If not, let me know
        and I will customize a version for you. Or you can print them out as is, 2
        flyers to a 8 1/2" x 11" page.

        >Lucy, who really REALLY really wants to go to this, and
        >would love to publicise Yuricon on this side of the pond.

        Lucy - we would LOVE for you to do that! *g*

      • Kathryn Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
          > Hey, kittens, London Pride is next Saturday, the 6th. I am
          > in a bit of a bind right now, and not sure if I can go, but
          > I was wondering if anyone else here is UK-based and planning
          > on attending either the March or the Festival? If I do
          > manage to make it (stupidly double-booked myself without
          > realising) should I sort out a Yuricon banner and/or flyers?
          > If yes, maybe Kat could tell me about the banner she
          > produced? :)

          The banner was a high gloss Lainate 2 by 1 1/2 ft print off with "Yuriko
          with love." and www.Yuricon.orgt written in huge leters along the top, with
          a card board backing and a 5 foot long pole tables in the middle of the
          back. Then I attached two corners of my huge rainbow flag to the top corners
          of the banner so that is hung over my head and attached the bottem corners
          to my waist. On the left side of the banner I stapled a Japanese flag and
          the right side a canadian flag. The entire think set me back about $100 but
          the looks on everyone face made it more then worth while. I've got teh
          banner here (the rest was taken apart) and am considering selling it off to
          anyone who wants it (for a price) "Have the banner Kat Williams walked
          around pride with all weekend!" *grins*

          > Lucy, who really REALLY really wants to go to this, and
          > would love to publicise Yuricon on this side of the pond.

          That would be great! I wish you all the luck.

          jaa ne

          Kat
        • Zephyr Sky
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002

            but then what will we do next year?

            -Zeph ^_^

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002

              IU'll just have to build a bigger and better one. I never like over using the same image so next year there will be comething different. Plus it looks like we'll have the Geek Dykes and maybe even the Chinese Lesbians with us for the ride. I wish I could find someone with a turck then we could all pile in and blast the area with japanese  music (I was getting tired of all the disco and dance music during the parade)

              Don't worry I have big planns for next year already throught out. *grins* I hope this time all of you TO girls will be there with me.

              jaa ne

              Kat