Re: Perfect Timing

  • alicewithwings
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 30, 2002
      --- In Yuricon@y..., Sephiroth <fischer@p...> wrote:
      > > Do gay men get upset with straight women who write yaoi?

      Well, I can't say I speak for gay men or anything, but I get a
      little bit upset when anyone who doesn't belong to a certain group
      writes about that group. Not always, mind you, sometimes I'm very
      impressed and just happy that SOMEONE wrote it, but people who don't
      belong to whichever group about which they happen to be writing are
      more likely to make the story completely unbeleivable, maybe because
      they aren't really writing for the audience about which they are
      writing, if that makes any sense. I would assume, though, that as
      long as the story is well written, and people can identify with the
      characters and the actions they take that they wouldn't really mind
      who wrote it. At least, that's how I feel.
      -Alice, who reads all her e-mails very late and responds more likely
      than not after about 80 other people already have... lol.
    • alicewithwings
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 30, 2002